Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Evan, enlighten us.....

what amps does seymour use?

someone on the forum mentioned Line 6 a few days back and yesterday I was getting some strings and another person at the local shop yesterday said Line 6.... I looked around online and couldn't find anything about what amps he used.....

thanks in advance.
    Originally posted by Good Will Hunting
    Real loss is only possible when you love something more than you love yourself.

Re: Evan, enlighten us.....

For most of Seymour's playing career, he has used vintage Fender amps. He had a period in the early-to-mid-2000's in which he used a Line6 Flextone II (he might even have two of them). But since then, he's gone back to vintage Fenders. Sometimes he'll bring a Line6 to a gig as a backup amp, but he rarely uses them nowadays.

For rehearsals, he usually uses a Silverface Princeton Reverb.
    Evan Skopp, Inside Track International
    Sales and marketing reps for Musopia, Reunion Blues, and Q-Parts.

Comment

The cork sniffers wont be happy about the silverface thing! lol
      "Technique is really the elimination of the unneccessary ... it is a constant effort to avoid any personal impediment or obstacle to acheive the smooth flow of energy and intent"
      Yehudi Menuhin

Comment

Not all Silverface amp are the same!

He was using a Custom Vibrolux Reverb for a while too I believe.
        If you just read a post by The Guy Who Invented Fire please understand that opinions change, mind sets change and as players our ears mature...not to mention our needs grow and change. With that in mind, today I may or may not agree with the post you just read!

Comment

i find silverface amps to be better than line 6

Comment

Originally posted by astrozombie View Post
            i find silverface amps to be better than line 6
            In some circles a swift kick in the grapes is better than a Silverface Fender amp!
            If you just read a post by The Guy Who Invented Fire please understand that opinions change, mind sets change and as players our ears mature...not to mention our needs grow and change. With that in mind, today I may or may not agree with the post you just read!

Comment

Originally posted by the guy who invented fire View Post
              In some circles a swift kick in the grapes is better than a Silverface Fender amp!
              Who? The Gear Page folk? Well screw them!

Oh wait... I am them.

Crap.
              Custom neck-thru strat
              1989 MIJ 1962 RI Strat
              1995 PRS CE24
              D'avanzo #8
              Breedlove Solo Concert
              1996 USA Dean Baby Z
              1991 40th Anniversary Les Paul
              1968 Fender Bassman, Egnater SW45, Mesa Mark IIB Coliseum, Mesa ElectraDyne 1x12 Combo, Avatar 4x12, Mesa half back 4x12 Earcandy 2x12
              Roland RE-201 Space Echo, 70's Fender Reverb Unit

Comment

I have two SF amps. Both are awesome. I have a 67 or 68 Super Reverb & a Deluxe Reverb. both are drip edge amps and both do exactly what one would expect. The DR is my main gigging amp that I use with my blues band (I am considering going back to my Marshall but I have to keep the volume under control). Fender amps are incredibly good especially for what SD does. He is a good player & I don't think anybody should be criticizing him for whatever gear he chooses to use. I mean after all he has Jeff Becks Tele. I bet that sounds pretty awesome through a Fender amp!
                "So you will never have to listen to Surf music again" James Marshall Hendrix
                "When the power of love overcomes the love of power, then the world will know peace."-Jimi Hendrix

Comment

Nuttin on the face of the planet wrong with SF Fenders. Some are better than others, but still, great amps.
                  I get weak in the knees at the sight of a vintage Fender amp!

Comment

Originally posted by Evan Skopp View Post
                    For rehearsals, he usually uses a Silverface Princeton Reverb.
                    Nice! I have two silver-face Princetons. One is a '68 Reverb that was my dad's since the mid-1970's. The other is a plain Princeton, unsure of the year, that was my step dad's. Both great amps. The Reverb (and my dad's V4) are the amps I grew up with.
                    Originally posted by LesStrat
                    Yogi Berra was correct.
                    Originally posted by JOLLY
                    I do a few chord things, some crappy lead stuff, and then some rhythm stuff.

Comment

I think silverface deluxe reverbs sound better than blackface deluxe reverbs as the volume increases. I like 'em, and have owned both. Silverface champs are hard to beat also. The bigger amps are a different story tho.
                      Line 6 amps Flextone always sounded pretty good to me. Vettas are good too. I would like to have one.
                      Last edited by atreidesheir; 06-19-2012, 08:38 PM.
                      Great trades/transactions with checo, kjrocks (2x), ginoames (2x), guitarkid (2x), Ed Hunter, primo (2x), apar111, blueman335, King IzzO))), ArtieToo, lemonman, saladin, SAVAGE DISTORTION, surface54, and DonP. Excellent forum bros!

Comment

do they really sound bad?

Comment

Originally posted by astrozombie View Post
                          do they really sound bad?
                          No.

Just... no.
                          Custom neck-thru strat
                          1989 MIJ 1962 RI Strat
                          1995 PRS CE24
                          D'avanzo #8
                          Breedlove Solo Concert
                          1996 USA Dean Baby Z
                          1991 40th Anniversary Les Paul
                          1968 Fender Bassman, Egnater SW45, Mesa Mark IIB Coliseum, Mesa ElectraDyne 1x12 Combo, Avatar 4x12, Mesa half back 4x12 Earcandy 2x12
                          Roland RE-201 Space Echo, 70's Fender Reverb Unit

Comment

No astro....there are some great fender silver face amps - including the much maligned ultralinear twins. I was making a joke cos its amazing how many ppl you read about who complain about how bad they are compared to the blackface models.
                            "Technique is really the elimination of the unneccessary ... it is a constant effort to avoid any personal impediment or obstacle to acheive the smooth flow of energy and intent"
                            Yehudi Menuhin

Comment

And he plays a Schecter too. Sniff that cork.

Say what you want about his gear. He has MAD tone and killer chops whatever he plays.
                              Originally posted by Bad City
                              He's got the crowd on his side and the blue jean lights in his eyes...

Comment

Working...
                              X