NBSD

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: NBSD

Awesome. I'd definitely swap that speaker. I'd recommend a Celestion Classic Lead 80 because it's kind of between a V30 and a 70/80 and a little smoother. I wonder how much louder a better speaker would be in that amp.

Comment

A friend of mine has a Laney Cub12 with matching 2x12 cab with two Rocket 50s.
      I agree with everyone else. Sounds very bland. Not very strong.
      My 1x12 cab sounds way better with that amp.
      Epiphone LP Standard PlusTop Pro
      Ibanez SZ320 / A8 DD103 bridge.
      Ibanez RG270 / Screamin' Demon bridge.

Egnater Tweaker 15 Head / Laney Cub 8 / 2x12 - Celestion V30+K100
      Line 6 M13 and plenty of stompboxes I rarely use!

Comment

Hmm, the Celestion Rocket 50 get a 4.5 out of 5 average rating in the MF reviews.

I guess that shows much attention you can pay to MF reviews.

Need to find something? Let the Musician's Friend site map guide you to the products you're looking for.

Comment

Lol.

Im sure after break in it will sound better, but no doubt they are bottom of the barrel. The less expensive blackstars lack complexity in the midrange as stock, so yeah d go with speakers that have some, like the v30, 65, gold, or H30. A single GB25 may gt a bit too ratty in a 20w open back combo.
          I'm an internet person. All we do is waste time evaluating things that have next-to-zero real world significance.

Remember, it's just a plank of wood. YOU have to find the music in it - The Telecaster Handbook

Comment

Is the Ht-20 considered an open back combo? It looks like its about 85% closed.

Comment

Congrats on the amp! The stock tubes are Sovtek 12AX7s and TAD EL34s. The Rocket really isn't a good speaker. I replaced mine with a Scumback H55 and it really improved the sound. I'd still like to hear V30 or Scumback M75 in this amp.

I did find myself liking the UK ISF when practicing alone and the ISF on the middle when with a band.
              1989 Greco Les Paul EG59-60
              1992 Fernandes Telecaster
              2013 PRS Bernie Marsden SE
              2014 Tokai Love Rock LS115F
              2013 Ibanez Prestige RG3521
              2018 Ibanez JCustom RG8570Z
              Friedman Runt 50

Comment

Working...
              X