Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Line 6 DT50-212 Guitar Combo amp

Hello all,
    Went into local music center thismorning for some pics, and Hung out for a few hours playing through a Line 6 DT50-212 Guitar Combo that was hooked up to a pod HD500.
    I was really impressed with this amp, just great tone, and the HD500 adds some cool distortions, and effects, even the wah pedal was impressive, But the price tag sure wasnt, pretty spendy. Anyone feel the same way? are has this combo?
    Thanks

Re: Line 6 DT50-212 Guitar Combo amp

The new Line 6 combos sound pretty dang good for what they are... I like them... I just look at the prices and think about how I could get a good tube amp and a pedal or 2 for the same price.
    Originally posted by Good Will Hunting
    Real loss is only possible when you love something more than you love yourself.

Comment

It has some potential for getting POD HD type of sounds in a real tube amp, but they are not worth a flip. I tried them first at Guitar Center. The 50w head was bad so we pulled two more out of the box. One would not power up even with new fuses, and the other died after 20 minutes of play time.

Then a little music store that I like to stop at on my way home from work got one in. I asked about it when I saw it and they said that it had already stopped working. That's too many bad amps so as far as I'm concerned, they're worthless. The first thing a piece of gear should be is reliable. Without that, the best modeling in the world can't help it.

Comment

Amazing amps, lots of ability, don't know about reliability but every L6 piece of gear I have had has been excellent.
        My Bands -
        https://kamikazechoir.hearnow.com/
        www.instagram.com/kamikazechoir
        www.reverbnation.com/theheartlessdevils

Just some fun guitar stuff from time to time
        GUITAR KULTURE

Comment

I dug it. But why hook it up to a pod to add to the confusion of seeing what it can do?
          Last edited by DankStar; 06-22-2012, 11:30 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by UberMetalDood View Post
            It has some potential for getting POD HD type of sounds in a real tube amp, but they are not worth a flip. I tried them first at Guitar Center. The 50w head was bad so we pulled two more out of the box. One would not power up even with new fuses, and the other died after 20 minutes of play time.

Then a little music store that I like to stop at on my way home from work got one in. I asked about it when I saw it and they said that it had already stopped working. That's too many bad amps so as far as I'm concerned, they're worthless. The first thing a piece of gear should be is reliable. Without that, the best modeling in the world can't help it.
            WOW

Comment

Working...
            X