X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A new solid state amp

http://fourforce.us

"Tubes have finally met their match."

I like the fact that it is only 12lbs, but I wish they would put 12 inch speakers in these things. It'd be interesting to play through one to see how they feel. I couldn't find a price on them. An ad in a trade mag said "priced for the beginner", whatever that means these day, I don't know.

Re: A new solid state amp

"Four Force is a startup guitar amplifier company started by a former Hewlett Packard engineer".

Hmm. Interestingly enough both Bob Gallien and Rich Krueger are former HP employees. Obviously GK still exists, but Krueger left late 80's I think for a position at Guitar center. Maybe he got bored?
    Cheers,
    Rich

Comment

The first 2 youtube videos they have up sounded bad... :P
      Originally posted by Good Will Hunting
      Real loss is only possible when you love something more than you love yourself.

Comment

That sounded like butt.

Comment

i wasn't going to post at all, but if i didin't then i would not have been able to express how "meh" that sounded.
          "Technique is really the elimination of the unneccessary ... it is a constant effort to avoid any personal impediment or obstacle to acheive the smooth flow of energy and intent"
          Yehudi Menuhin

Comment

Since I now have this cancer on my youtube recs - I'm spreading the joy.

Comment

You would think that they would have someone who knows how to tune, let alone PLAY, a freaking guitar, demo their amps. I heard absolutely NOTHING that would make me want to even entertain the thought of wanting to try these amps.

Comment

Even though the videos SUCK B@LLS, I guess I'm still a little intrigued. I like the idea of a "natural" or "tube-like" solid state amp, and have heard great tones from solid state amps in the hands of good guitar players.

It really is amazing to see the designer of this amp hacking his way through smoke on the water in an attempt to compare his amp to a Mesa. Who's idea was that! Really, how much could it cost to pay a pro musician even a half day to record some decent quality sounds? Whatever it is, I'd imagine it would be money well spent.

Another thing that gets me is the sound of the pick hitting the strings in some of these videos...not just from this company, but other demo vids as well...especially when the player is off camera. Can't you put up some kind of baffle in front of the player to eliminate that?

Anyway...

Comment

This is one of those times where I seriously don't know if I'm imagining or dreaming this horrid thing? They just killed any chance of this thing selling.
                  Political Correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end.

Comment

he totally almost nailed smoke on the water!

Comment

Originally posted by LReese View Post
                      Since I now have this cancer on my youtube recs - I'm spreading the joy.

wow! according to this video you can make it louder "just by hitting the stings harder!"
                      "Technique is really the elimination of the unneccessary ... it is a constant effort to avoid any personal impediment or obstacle to acheive the smooth flow of energy and intent"
                      Yehudi Menuhin

Comment

Well thank you Ritchie Effin' Blackmore!

[/QUOTE]
                        "Anyone who understands Jazz knows that you can't understand it. It's too complicated. That's what's so simple about it." - Yogi Berra

Comment

I don't understand why a company that believes in it's product would want to save time and money by producing what are possibly the worst demos I've ever heard. This is enough to bury this company forever.

Comment

I bet 75% of us here could have done a better job of tuning, EQing and playing that thing!!
                            Epiphone LP Standard PlusTop Pro
                            Ibanez SZ320 / A8 DD103 bridge.
                            Ibanez RG270 / Screamin' Demon bridge.

Egnater Tweaker 15 Head / Laney Cub 8 / 2x12 - Celestion V30+K100
                            Line 6 M13 and plenty of stompboxes I rarely use!

Comment

Originally posted by Diego View Post
                              I bet 75% of us here could have done a better job of tuning, EQing and playing that thing!!
                              I really hope it is more like 100%....
                              Originally posted by Good Will Hunting
                              Real loss is only possible when you love something more than you love yourself.

Comment

Working...
                              X