Question about cabinets

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Question about cabinets

Hey guys, as i'm living in Australia I'm aware I can't import amps from the US but I was wondering if the same goes for speaker cabinets.

My current thinking is that it is possible as you don't plug in the cabs anywhere and they get their power from the amp, so they aren't set for any voltage (eg 240v like we have here in Australia)

Was just double checking, would I be able to buy a cabinet from the US and use it in Australia, despite the different voltages used in the countries?
    Originally posted by drew_half_empty
    what the hell ever happened to rock & roll being loud & brash & pinning you to the wall behind you?

Re: Question about cabinets

Originally posted by Stratovarious View Post
    Hey guys, as i'm living in Australia I'm aware I can't import amps from the US but I was wondering if the same goes for speaker cabinets.

My current thinking is that it is possible as you don't plug in the cabs anywhere and they get their power from the amp, so they aren't set for any voltage (eg 240v like we have here in Australia)

Was just double checking, would I be able to buy a cabinet from the US and use it in Australia, despite the different voltages used in the countries?
    Yep you would be fine cabs dont care what voltage comes out of your wall.
    "It keeps you fit - the alcohol, nasty women, sweat on stage, bad food - it's all very good for you." -Bon Scott

"Let me put it this way: the 5150 will treat
    you better than any girlfriend, because it screams louder, it's easier to pick up, and it shuts up when you take your plug out." -Rip Glitter

Comment

Re: Question about cabinets

Thanks for clearing that up
      Originally posted by drew_half_empty
      what the hell ever happened to rock & roll being loud & brash & pinning you to the wall behind you?

Comment

Working...
      X