Oh my.....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Oh my.....

Are these the signs of the end of my income??

Not that I mind much as it is...but it is just crazy how much of this sh!t that has shown up lately......
    Maybe I should find something new to do in the future??

Re: Oh my.....

Unknowns going up against an established name with a history of quality...I don't think you have anything to worry about.
    Now operating part time: Glassman Tube Amps...repairs, rebuilds, restorations & modifications of tube equipment.

Still building: GlassMan Amplifiers (25 watt, all tube, single channel w/reverb, single 12" combo) and some more designs in the works.

Located in Fort Wayne, IN

Note: I've "parked" my website in case anyone has been looking for it. I moved locations and haven't updated the site to reflect this.

Comment

Heh well it was just amusing to see all those vids.....one of my mates made me aware of the growing numbers of alike pedals out there now....
      It is still somewhat crazy...

Comment

But... but.... why clone/rip off something that's readily available at a reasonable price from some genuinely nice guys? That's not sporting!

Comment

...The usual in the pedles world
          Anyways we are going to change the line in the future, 9v in and still with internal +-12v.
          And maybe one with a eq attached as well...it will behave and sound somewhat different but people seem to like filters?!?
          But no tb......

Comment

I think it's also a product of the guitar community being a little Plexi-stupid these days. I think that there are a quite a number of people out there that would buy ANYTHING that claims to be associated with a Plexi.

Imitation is the purest form of flattery.
            Now operating part time: Glassman Tube Amps...repairs, rebuilds, restorations & modifications of tube equipment.

Still building: GlassMan Amplifiers (25 watt, all tube, single channel w/reverb, single 12" combo) and some more designs in the works.

Located in Fort Wayne, IN

Note: I've "parked" my website in case anyone has been looking for it. I moved locations and haven't updated the site to reflect this.

Comment

Originally posted by glassman View Post
              I think it's also a product of the guitar community being a little Plexi-stupid these days. I think that there are a quite a number of people out there that would buy ANYTHING that claims to be associated with a Plexi.

Imitation is the purest form of flattery.
              Totally agree and great post pal!
              Amps: 66 Fender BF Pro Reverb Combo,1973 50 Watt Marshall Head,Marshall 4x12 A/V Cab,Vox ToneLab LE,Vox VTH Valvetronix 120 Head,Vox AD 2x12 Cab,Roland Cube 20X

Guitars: Several Stratocasters,2 Fender Telecasters,Gibson SG Standard,Tokai Love Rock Les Paul,Dean Acoustic.

Pickups: SD SSL2,SSL5,Twangbanger,Antiquity Surfers,59N,Seth Lover N/B,Dimarzio Fred,Dimarzio VPAF N,Fender Fat 50s,Fralin SP43 Bridge,Brobucker,Antiquity Texas Hot.

Comment

I don't get how Gibson was fined by our govt. for sourcing wood that may have skirted some legalities when they allow China to dump trillions of dollars worth of counterfeit knockoffs into our harbors.

Way to punish American business and reward a communist country who's never followed any trademark or export laws.

I know a lot of it is small DIY builds, but then there's now a whole industry of copycat music gear companies coming from China.
                The DIY'ers won't hurt big companies, but this flood of Asian "clone gear" definitely is.
                Last edited by Gearjoneser; 09-05-2012, 09:55 PM.
                Originally posted by Boogie Bill
                I've got 60 guitars...but 49 trumpets is just...INSANITY! WTF!

Comment

We ain't a big company tho'.....
                  It does not hurt us in any way, DIY is cool in my book.....just proves my point with pedals, they are just pedals....nothing really fancy about that!

Anyways there is nothing new out there.....and it is all plain basic stuff.
                  Just seems to be riding a wave right now....will prolly fold up later on too!

Comment

Rack gear will come back in style next again... point to point digital reverbs and delays... just wait...

I like reading and looking at old ads for pedals and gear in the 80's and 90's. The ads were so much more fun and simple and to the point lol. Not as much concern for disecting and over analyzing the stuff and more concern on making crazy sounds or good ones. My favorite ads (and pedals to boot) are the old D.O.D. stuff! Those guys had a sense of humor.

And GJ, I agree with you on many levels... China can crank out stuff and emulate, but do they offer anything new or come up with anything on their own?
                    Political Correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end.

Comment

Old adds where loads of fun!!!
                      Wish my ex-wife had not thrown out all my old 80's Guitarplayers.....haha

Comment

I loved my old CM pedal, but in the end I was able the tones I wanted without.

Still a great pedal.
                        -Chris

Originally posted by John Suhr
                        “Practice cures most tone issues”

Comment

Originally posted by Vasshu the humanoid typhoon View Post
                          Old adds where loads of fun!!!
                          Wish my ex-wife had not thrown out all my old 80's Guitarplayers.....haha
                          My wife threw out all my old guitar mags AND EGMs.

She was almost my ex-wife that day.

Comment

Working...
                          X