Whole Lotta Question ..warned you :)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Whole Lotta Question ..warned you

I have a bugera v5... it has an attenuator that drops the wattage to .1 watt... even at .1 watt cranked on that it's too loud for college I'm pretty sure. You may be better off with a modeling amp. idunno man... valvetronix or whatever with a headphone jack. The bugera is a nice compromise between the british and american sound in my opinion, when cranked it sounds pretty great, somewhat voxy. cheap too... but for your situation i'm really thinking a valvetronix or the mustang, cuz all you'll get is buzz buzz buzz at low volumes in college, unless you don't mind that. I was in the same situation a couple of years ago in an apartment and I still couldn't crank my v5 at .1 watt
    "Time flies like arrows, and fruit flies like bananas."

Comment

Originally posted by Gearjoneser View Post
      Do yourself a favor, and go buy the new Hughes & Kettner Tube Meister 18.
      I second this notion!

No... I haven't plugged into the Tubemeister yet. But having owned and played several H&K amps over the years... the Meister sounds like it's right up the alley you are goind down. In fact, I've been wanting to pick one up myself and will no doubt do that sooner or later.

Btw... I have a DSL50 and it's a great rock amp. But it's pretty loud and there's no Fender in there. The TubeMeister will have some Fender AND Marshall tones in there. Same can be said for my Egnater Rebel 20, but if I were to choose between the Meister and the Egnater I'm pretty sure I'd end-up picking the H&K.
      "Always remember... all you do in life, comes back to you" - Roy Kahn, formerly of Kamelot, during the intro to "Karma" on their One Cold Winter's Night DVD

http://www.soundcloud.com/jwflamenco

Comment

There's no specific sound that I'm after. I really want to cover from jazzy to metal with a few amps or even one if I'm able to. Maybe I'll try some fender and use pedals with it and if it covers all pretty well I'll just get one.

Comment

I would suggest one amp with a Vox Tonelab which has really great amp emulations. . .the AC15 and AC30 are good, as are the Dumble and Fender emulations. They don't sound exactly like, but nonetheless, they sound awesome. I cant comment on the Marshall etc tones as you spin the dial because I have never played through those amps and don't really gravitate to them. . .lots of demos on youtube though. .

Comment

Or try an Egnater Tweaker?

Comment

Mesa Transatlantic.... got tones of tones from vintage Vox, Tweed Fender, original Marshall. It might even do some Mesa tones too.

Comment

Working...
              X