Holdsworth sound with other gear. .

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Holdsworth sound with other gear. .

What exactly is going on with the delays there? I hear some different ones, and I love the way they sit behind the notes and don't overtake them.
    Administrator of the SDUGF

Comment

He uses a series of delays, for chorus. He mixes the manufactures, because it gives him a richer chorus tone.

Comment

Umm, but how? It doesn't sound like chorus, which I could understand with modulated delays. It almost sounds like an ambient reverb wash after his notes. It doesn't have a very chorus-y sound.
        Administrator of the SDUGF

Comment

Originally posted by Mincer View Post
          Umm, but how? It doesn't sound like chorus, which I could understand with modulated delays. It almost sounds like an ambient reverb wash after his notes. It doesn't have a very chorus-y sound.
          I believe he is using the Yamaha magic stomps for delays. I found a pdf that has a bunch of his settings. There might be something in there that is useful.

Link Here

I too liked his delay sound, but it would have been nice to turn it off so I could hear what that pedal actually sounded like. Pretty poor pedal demo IMO, but tasty tasty tone.
          Last edited by ericmeyer4; 09-11-2012, 07:17 PM.

Comment

DG series are solid state amps, maybe there are other solid state amps that are currently manufactured that will help with that sound. Any opinions on that?

Comment

The Yamaha Magic Stomp modeler has much of the same programming and sound as the amps and DG Stomp line of effects (especially the DG Delay Stomp which had a lot of Holdsworth's signature sounds as presets). That would be a good start.
              You could probably make a lot of modeling amps help you get in the ballpark. Your gear dollar goes a long way with those amps, especially with a direct recording output that is pretty standard with modeling amps. Any decent guitar with a bridge humbucker really will help also.
              Great trades/transactions with checo, kjrocks (2x), ginoames (2x), guitarkid (2x), Ed Hunter, primo (2x), apar111, blueman335, King IzzO))), ArtieToo, lemonman, saladin, SAVAGE DISTORTION, surface54, and DonP. Excellent forum bros!

Comment

What modeling amps do you recommend, I am only familiar with the Vox amps. .

Comment

Working...
                X