NAD x2 Badcat & Vox

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NAD x2 Badcat & Vox

So I just picked up 2 amps this week its pretty insane.

first amp on the right is a Bad Cat lil 15 with a 1x12 open back cab.

Specs: Head weight is 45lbs Tubes consist of 2 el84, 1 12ax7, 2 ef86 (very small head)

Mini review: I am totally in love with this amp and i still haven't dialed it in. There actually isn't much to the amp. This is a 2 channel amp one being clean and the other overdrive. The clean channel has a very lush creamy tone. The gain channel has a very nice vintage early 70's tone that at times sounds sloppy and out of control which I love. The controls are very basic and consist of volume for clean side and gain and master for channel two. It also has a 5 setting preset option which called tone channel 1 has a much thinner tone with more treble and as you move up through the channels you get a thicker darker tone. Also has cut knob which is just like a standard presence knob. I just got an artist endorsement from bad cat and I have to say I have not met a group of nicer people in this industry If you ever have an opportunity to get over to the shop you will not be disappointed.

Second Amp is a Vox AC30BM

mini review: There is not much control to this amp at all, one single knob on top you turn it up and rock out ! The little bit of control you actually have is on the back of the amp and is activated by switches. This amp really only consist of a volume knob, treble boost, and overdrive. As limited as you might think this amp is, it sounds freaking great. I got it in a trade for a guitar I had. At first I thought I would probably trade it since I had just got my bad cat but now I don't know if I want to let this amp go.

Re: NAD x2 Badcat & Vox

I have to ask....................

Do you live in a bent&dent / thrift shop?

Comment

Lmao !! as i was taking the pictures i was thinking the same exact thing. My wife extreme coupons so need less to say that is only the half of it

Comment

HDNAD! (Happy Double New Amp Day)

You have a very good taste, sir!
        Burny RLG-60, Baton Rouge AR81C/GACE
        Line6 Helix LT, DV Mark Little 250GH, DV Mark Neoclassic 212

Originally posted by Empty Pockets
        Musicians are ****ing retards.
        Originally posted by ex-250
        Beer can never be the source of wrong.

Comment

Wow, an artist endorsement! Thats aswesome. As a solo artist, band? What's a good link to check out your stuff?!

Comment

Originally posted by DankStar View Post
            Wow, an artist endorsement! Thats aswesome. As a solo artist, band? What's a good link to check out your stuff?!
            Yeah pretty exciting stuff ! I got an endorsed as a band but my first album was actually solo I have since found another like minded musician and we are on a roll !!! here is a link to our stuff. We are in the process of writing our new album and I think its safe to say we are stoked !!!! I am the lead singer and I play guitar and write most of the music but it is so nice to finally have some really good musicians to bounce Ideas off of, this current album I am working on has been one of the best experiences I have had.

http://facebook.com/meandthecity

Comment

wow the brian may ac30

congrats

Comment

i've played that badcat... beastly sound, super touch sensitive. jealous...
                "Time flies like arrows, and fruit flies like bananas."

Comment

Originally posted by lNllClK View Post
                  i've played that badcat... beastly sound, super touch sensitive. jealous...
                  Yeah it really cranks for 15 watts too ! They have alot of new and exciting stuff going on. Have you played the bobcat ? thing is insane I was so tempted to grab one of those aswell lol.

Comment

Working...
                  X