NPD Strymon El Capistan

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NPD Strymon El Capistan

It's been a while since I last bought a pedal. A while back, I sold my TC Nova Repeater because it was too heavy for me. It's a good pedal but I wanted something else with a little less features. I couldn't use all the delay types in the TC NR. So off I hunted for a delay pedal until I stumbled upon the Strymon El Capistan.

Wow! This little box really amazes me. From subtle echo, slapback, warbly tape sound, to washy echo with reverb. I really like the sounds I get from this pedal. Oh, I got the new version with the silent switches. I just wish that I bought the Favorite Switch because having 2 settings definitely is more useful. I'l try to make a DIY Fav Switch soon.

1989 Greco Les Paul EG59-60
    1992 Fernandes Telecaster
    2013 PRS Bernie Marsden SE
    2014 Tokai Love Rock LS115F
    2013 Ibanez Prestige RG3521
    2018 Ibanez JCustom RG8570Z
    Friedman Runt 50

Re: NPD Strymon El Capistan

Nice! That is the pedal that's giving me GAS in the worst way right now.

Comment

Niiiiiice.

I love everything I've heard from that pedal.

Comment

Sweet! I got mine just a few months ago (the same month they did the stereo in and switch mods. I didn't even know they modified it until a day after I bought it) and I LOVE it. I ordered it with a mini favorite switch from T1M effects and I love the combination. It's incredibly easy to dial in, and it sounds incredible.
        Custom neck-thru strat
        1989 MIJ 1962 RI Strat
        1995 PRS CE24
        D'avanzo #8
        Breedlove Solo Concert
        1996 USA Dean Baby Z
        1991 40th Anniversary Les Paul
        1968 Fender Bassman, Egnater SW45, Mesa Mark IIB Coliseum, Mesa ElectraDyne 1x12 Combo, Avatar 4x12, Mesa half back 4x12 Earcandy 2x12
        Roland RE-201 Space Echo, 70's Fender Reverb Unit

Comment

I wonder how does it compares to the T-Rex Replica or the T-Rex Reptile I have??? Looks like one has total control of the tape simulation behavior of this beast! I'm GASsing for this little machine as well!
          Washburn Atlantis EC26 (YJM Fury/Screamin' Demon w/Triple Shot) and Washburn Parallaxe PXS100ARFRWHM (PATB-1n/PATB-3)
          Rivera M100 and Rivera Bonehead.

Good deals with: Savage Distortion, IndySG, Masta' C, RayBarbeeMusic, Monsta-Tone, Chickencoop, Traumatized.

Comment

I'm not really a delay user but this thing just begs me to be one.

I love the quality of the tape delay more than the TC Nova Repeater's emulation. This thing really does it for me.

I hope T1M still makes custom switches. Last I've heard of him was that he doesn't take orders anymore.
            1989 Greco Les Paul EG59-60
            1992 Fernandes Telecaster
            2013 PRS Bernie Marsden SE
            2014 Tokai Love Rock LS115F
            2013 Ibanez Prestige RG3521
            2018 Ibanez JCustom RG8570Z
            Friedman Runt 50

Comment

I love everything I've tried by Strymon. I'd have more than my Lex Rotary if they weren't so pricey. That's the next Strymon you should get.

I always search Craigslist for them, hoping for a steal. They don't come up used often, because everyone who buys a Strymon tends to keep it.
              Originally posted by Boogie Bill
              I've got 60 guitars...but 49 trumpets is just...INSANITY! WTF!

Comment

Originally posted by cayle_6 View Post
                I'm not really a delay user but this thing just begs me to be one.

I love the quality of the tape delay more than the TC Nova Repeater's emulation. This thing really does it for me.

I hope T1M still makes custom switches. Last I've heard of him was that he doesn't take orders anymore.
                He doesn't take CUSTOM orders anymore - a MFE (Mini Fixed Expression pedal) isn't a custom job. His favorite switch,

$45.50 shipped to the Philippines
                Custom neck-thru strat
                1989 MIJ 1962 RI Strat
                1995 PRS CE24
                D'avanzo #8
                Breedlove Solo Concert
                1996 USA Dean Baby Z
                1991 40th Anniversary Les Paul
                1968 Fender Bassman, Egnater SW45, Mesa Mark IIB Coliseum, Mesa ElectraDyne 1x12 Combo, Avatar 4x12, Mesa half back 4x12 Earcandy 2x12
                Roland RE-201 Space Echo, 70's Fender Reverb Unit

Comment

Working...
                X