Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: SS Modelers

Originally posted by ImmortalSix View Post
    I have gigged a lot with a VOX Valvetronix.

It's modeling section is all solid state. (Though there is a single 12AX7 that plays a role the power section).

I think it sounds great.

============================================

That unit of yours have was my second choice when I was ready to expand my electric guitars sounds .

The deciding factor that made me choose the Digitech GNX4 over the Valvetronix was they both were priced pretty close to each other and they had terrific sounds too , -

But -

For the same basic money I added a midi drum machine - mp3 player - looper and a stand alone Digital 8 channel ( that could merge tracks to open up more tracks to record ) with a USB and a phantom powered mic input it was a strong argument to choose it over the Valvetronix .When I sol I play songs I recorded with it as my backing tracks , it's a very nice feature for a soloist show .

I can convert a wave file I make with it to mp3 and have 100 songs to choose from to play along with stored on a smart card it holds . I can make 99 custom amp/cab models and then store them to the card and make more on the GNX4 .

Also on the smart card I can store midi drum files ( 99 ) I make and on the fly choose them live ion stage with a foot pedal command stomp !

It out bangered it I guess - I still would buy one like yours cause they are awesome .

Oh nice sound man , cool playing as well .

Easy man :

Hurricane Ramon
    It started for me with Twinkle Twinkle Little Star in 54 on a Blues Harp and progressed , then life .....some death ....Evolving as I went like a small rock in a stream rounding out as I went with the flow as I go through the white waters and waterfalls of life . Life has always been interesting to me

Comment

I find myself using my Digitech 1101 more than my ADA MP1 these days. Can't say for certain how it compares tonally to the "real amps" it's based on, but if it sounds good, it is good.
      Originally posted by Brown Note
      I'm soooooo jealous about the WR-1. It's the perfect guitar; fantastic to play, balances well even when seated and *great* reach for the upper frets. The sound is bright tight and very articulate. In summary it could only be more awesome if it had b00bs and was on fire!
      My Blog

Comment

Excerpts :

Originally posted by NecroPolo View Post
        Do you remember my spine problem thread last year? You gave great suggestions there to find alternative solutions .

You couldn't be more right in the "know your weepon" case in my opinion. All of these were created without using any amp/cab:
        =================================

Sure do recall your post , wondered if found something good and hoped it would pop up and pop it did man , cool sounding stuff you posted , your having a ball I bet .

Being a person who " observes " a lot , in regards to seeing beyond the face value of a situation has made me a person who finds new and cool ways to do things , sometimes if not for this approach some things would be impossible to reach and achieve if I did not think

" outside the box "

so's to speak I guess .

Being aware of one's surroundings is a key attitude to have , when your like that you take that curiosity deeper into everything you see and participate in .

When you live this way you find all sorts of solutions that many times seem not to be

" conventional "

at all and sometime these kinds solutions are rebuked and not accepted by others ,

but - - -

Who cares about what other people think when it comes to making personal choices and what you choose in what you like in anything .

Easy man glad your found your way of doing it , I like it .

Hurricane Ramon
        It started for me with Twinkle Twinkle Little Star in 54 on a Blues Harp and progressed , then life .....some death ....Evolving as I went like a small rock in a stream rounding out as I went with the flow as I go through the white waters and waterfalls of life . Life has always been interesting to me

Comment

Solid-state amps, modelers or not, definitely have their place. They're light, cheap and they last forever. Plus, the sounds are getting better and better. For clean headroom, they can't be beat.

A Roland JC-120 is a hall of fame amp, as far as I'm concerned.
          Last edited by Inkstained; 09-25-2012, 05:36 AM.

Originally posted by nedcronin
          Pretty much what you suggested Ink.
          Originally posted by metalmachine
          dont worry about it bro. even if we dont like it...... were just internet ppl. not real ppl. more like a hulicination of a mythical forest creature.

Comment

I use a Mustang II and POD in several settings.

Comment

Anyone that doesnt think digital amps can get decent tone needs to check out videos on the Kempler Profiling amp, yeh it doesnt replace an amp as each profile really only has one sound but if you have good amps to profile then it could be an awesome studio tool.
              Gondola Kid
              Bandcamp
              Facebook
              JimijaymesGuitarist
              Youtube

Comment

Working...
              X