NAD! (Mesa content)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NAD! (Mesa content)

Well I picked up my new (to me) Mesa Boogie Electra Dyne combo last night. Haven't gotten a chance to crank it up since I got it home but got to crank it up before I made the trade. I'm looking forward to making some serious music with this amp. It's honestly the best clean I've heard in a Mesa amp and of course it's got great drive. Just gotta open it up a little bit. I'm going to order some EL34s for it soon and see what that side of things sounds like.

I also need to order a replacement knob for it. The previous owner just couldn't find it.

Originally posted by Jakob Dylan
    It's a little gross to put yourself in every song. I mean, how interesting do people really think you are?
    Originally posted by LesStrat
    Paris Hilton's psychiatrist... Now that's gotta be an easy job. Kinda like being an auto mechanic in an Amish community.

Re: NAD! (Mesa content)

Nice!

I really dig some of the newer more simply Mesa amps!

Call Mesa on the knob, they are good guys and take care of their owners.
    If you just read a post by The Guy Who Invented Fire please understand that opinions change, mind sets change and as players our ears mature...not to mention our needs grow and change. With that in mind, today I may or may not agree with the post you just read!

Comment

That's my favorite Mesa that I've played. Congrats on a killer amp!
      Political Correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end.

Comment

Nice! I love the Electradyne. Fantastic amp. If I were to get a modern Mesa, it'd most likely be that one. And it's a nice color, too - score!
        Custom neck-thru strat
        1989 MIJ 1962 RI Strat
        1995 PRS CE24
        D'avanzo #8
        Breedlove Solo Concert
        1996 USA Dean Baby Z
        1991 40th Anniversary Les Paul
        1968 Fender Bassman, Egnater SW45, Mesa Mark IIB Coliseum, Mesa ElectraDyne 1x12 Combo, Avatar 4x12, Mesa half back 4x12 Earcandy 2x12
        Roland RE-201 Space Echo, 70's Fender Reverb Unit

Comment

Effin' nice, man!

Comment

After spending some quality time with it today, this is a killer amp. For blues gigs honestly, i won't even need to take a tube screamer. Tuner, Wah pedal, and amp and I'm good. For the rock gigs, it's got everything I need and the CM Plexitone LOVES this amp and I haven't even switched to EL34s yet!
            It's a little gross to put yourself in every song. I mean, how interesting do people really think you are?
            Paris Hilton's psychiatrist... Now that's gotta be an easy job. Kinda like being an auto mechanic in an Amish community.

Comment

Nice! Have a maverick 212 in the same color combo. You have me beat on simplicity by a bit but I'm loving it after having a triple for a few years. So much character outta these class A beasts. 35 watts what?

Comment

I'll be honest, on the clean channel and full 90 watts, the clean tone is even better than my AB763 Super Reverb. It's really unbelievable. The Reverb is a lot more subtle but gets into that way too deep territory if you push it too far just like the Fender does. Whatever Mesa is doing out there in Cali, they're doing it right.

Comment

That's awesome. I definitely prefer EL34's in that amp. The Mesa tubes are pretty good but Doug's tubes can get you a rated set for it. A good set of Ruby tubes and Shuguang preamp tubes are what went into my Electra Dyne head. It sounds kind of dark and compressed, which is one of the great things about it, but a speaker upgrade will open it up a bit. Try some Red Fangs.

Comment

Working...
                  X