Vox AC4TV or Blackstar HT1-R

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Vox AC4TV or Blackstar HT1-R

Hey guys, so i'm thinking to buy one of those amps. I really wanted the AC4TV, but it's limited resources make me think of buying the HT1-R.

My only question is, instead of an EL84 or EL34, the HT1-R has an ECC82 in it's power amp. Is that valve any good or is it inferior to EL84?
    Nullius In Verba

Re: Vox AC4TV or Blackstar HT1-R

The ECC82 is usually a preamp tube because it doesnt produce a high wattage (hence its use in a 1 watt amp), my best advise is to play both amps. They are very different in the tones they can get, I like the AC4 but not alot of people do. You could look at the lil nighttrain as well.
    Gondola Kid
    Bandcamp
    Facebook
    JimijaymesGuitarist
    Youtube

Comment

Thanks for the info! I thought the ECC82 was like a lower quality valve, not just a low wattage.
      Nullius In Verba

Comment

I have not played the HT-1 but I have played its bigger brother the HT-5 and I thought the AC4 was a much better amp unless you play a lot of metal, then you might want to consider getting the ht.

Comment

Yeah, that's my problem, i play everything, from blues to heavy metal...But i thought that if i got the AC4, maybe i could put a metal distortion pedal in a clean setting...Do you think it's possible to get a setting clean enough to match with a distortion pedal, like the metal zone or a Soldano GTO clone?
          Nullius In Verba

Comment

Originally posted by Filipe Marquez View Post
            Yeah, that's my problem, i play everything, from blues to heavy metal...But i thought that if i got the AC4, maybe i could put a metal distortion pedal in a clean setting...Do you think it's possible to get a setting clean enough to match with a distortion pedal, like the metal zone or a Soldano GTO clone?
            It seemed to have a good amount of headroom at the 4w mode, but it probably wouldnt be clean enough in a band situation for what you are saying. Ive been debating getting an AC4 and putting a wampler triple wreck through it myself.

Comment

Hm...Yeah, i think i'll really need different amps for different tones, idk... :/
              Nullius In Verba

Comment

Working...
              X