Guitar Headphone Amp

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Guitar Headphone Amp

Looking for something that sounds pretty good and either has a CD player in it or at least an aux input for one. (Need to practice with my own originals to be ready to lay down the next tracks right.) Any thoughts, gentlemen?
    Generic signature line.

Re: Guitar Headphone Amp

Sorry Bro, dont know the answer, but I wanted to say that its good seeing you around again! And also, good question as my lil Hughes and Kettner blue 30 is about to die and I need a new practice amp..
    Believe me when I say that some of the most amazing music in history was made on equipment that's not as good as what you own right now.

Jol Dantzig

Comment

Vox makes some very good headphone amps that have an AUX input:

http://www.musiciansfriend.com/ampli...-headphone-amp

Comment

You can't beat the VOX AmPlug.

I have one and it sounds so good, sometimes I play it running through my stereo and big speakers.

VOX just introduced headphones with a built in AmPlug - the headphones are made by Audio-Technica

amPhones AC30 / amPhones Lead / amPhones Twin - Active Guitar Headphones

amPhones Bass - Active Bass Guitar Headphones

Plug in your guitar/bass into the amPhones and start playing!
        Highlights
        • New concept - headphones with built-in amPlug technology that allows you to obtain full-fledged guitar/bass sounds immediately.
        • Headphones made by Audio-Technica, the trusted name in headphones.
        • The headphone amp uses a new reactor circuit that’s based on the Valve Reactor technology featured in VOX amps, delivering incredibly dynamic amp sounds.
        • Totally analog design that faithfully simulates the circuit response of the original amp .
        • Choose from a total of four different types of classic amp sounds, including:
          • The "AC30" version which faithfully reproduces the classic VOX AC30.
          • The "Twin" version which gives you the clean sound of a classic US-made amp.
          • The "Lead" version which delivers a heavy British crunch lead sound.
          • The "Bass" version which provides a wide-range sound, including a new Bassilator circuit that realistically simulates the resonance of the speaker cabinet and floor.

• A full complement of effects are is provided: chorus/delay/reverb for the guitar versions, and a compressor for the bass version.
        • 1/4" connector allows easy connection to any guitar or bass.
        • When the power is off, the amPhones can be used as conventional headphones that offering the superb sound quality that you would expect from VOX.
        • AUX input jack lets you jam along with your CD/MP3 player.

The VOX amPlug Series of palm-sized headphone guitar amplifiers enables musicians to easily plug their amPlug into any guitar, and attach a pair of headphones to achieve high quality guitar sounds anywhere. Now, amPhones make it even easier for you. While the amPlug required the user to provide the headphones, the amPhones are headphones that have the amPlug technology already built in! Just plug in your instrument, and enjoy serious guitar/bass sound and superb comfort. amPhones are created using headphone technology from Audio-Technica, the name you trust for headphones. amPhones can also be used as conventional headphones when the amplifier simulator is switched off. You can connect your guitar/bass to these headphones, or use them for listening to music. amPhones are what you need, whether you're practicing by yourself in your room, or listening to your portable audio player on the way to the studio. amPhones are a must-have item for any VOX enthusiast.
        my vinyl record collection | updated 11 August 2015

Comment

I have a korg pandora px-3 and it's pretty good, you may be able to find one kinda cheap. I may even be willing to sell mine if you're interested. I used it for a long time and it always worked great.

However, after the leaps technology has made since it was made, my best suggestion is to transfer your originals in mp3 and buy an iRig with amplitube. I can jam along any songs on my ipod with this, the tones are pretty good through earphones and it takes no extra space (except for the overpriced iRig). I was quite impressed with what I could do with mine. I bought the iRig for 40$ (there are now DIY version out there on the web which wouldn't be hard to put together) and 10$ for the full app (but I got it half-price).

All in all, it's hard to beat IMHO.

Comment

I'll second the recommendation for Amplitube and the iRig if you have an iPad or iPod. My only complaint with the iPad version is that adjusting the knobs on the amps and effects can be a real PIA, I can only imagine that it would be worse on the smaller iPod or iPhone version.

The amp and pedal sims are very good and I use it all the time as a phrase trainer, once you import a song you can A/B loop it, slow it down, and remove vocals. There is also a 4 track plug in that will allow you to record your playing, pretty nice app.

Comment

I was looking at the Vox stuff, it may be what I need.
              Generic signature line.

Comment

I love my Vox AC30 Amplug. They have a whole big variety out these days as well.
                Originally posted by Aceman
                It was the age of suave. Men were men, and women were smacked and thrown on the bed and loved it.

Comment

If you have an iPod, Iphone or iPad the iRig is the way to go (and you can even pick it up at WalMart, which I thought was kinda funny)
                  Originally posted by MikeS
                  a "career" of playing sold-out bedroom shows to the posters on my wall.
                  Originally posted by JB_From_Hell
                  whats becoming of this generation
                  We want to listen to music while we mow the lawn.

Comment

Looking for a killer bell tone on the cleans for the neck pu. How bout the Carl Martin Rock Bug?
                    Generic signature line.

Comment

Orange Micro Terror. 20w, tube preamp, solid state power amp. Got headphones and aux inputs.

Comment

Looks like a cheaper but viable alternative to the Rock Bug. How's the clean tone?
                        Generic signature line.

Comment

Love my GNX4's ( Digitech ) headphone out , it's killer .

You can get a used one for cheap on ebay

http://www.sweetwater.com/images/clo...4_img_rear.jpg

This one's got a few hours left and it's $160.00 not bad .

and besides the headphone amp you get a full blown 8 track recorder , midi drum machine , mp3 player , looper , cab and amp modeling , it just keeps going on and on and gets better and better , yeah I love it .

My Kuston Tube 12 is also a really cool little amp .

The 12AX7 really helps mellow it out and sweeten up the sound on this little hybrid , the Celestian 6" speaker it really a great sounding speaker too . The headphone is good , I can use it and not feel like I am missing anything over all except I get one tone clean and one dirty basically but heck , they are great tones for a headphone so it's cool too .

Easy man :

Hurricane Ramon
                          Last edited by Hurricane; 10-18-2012, 01:31 AM.
                          It started for me with Twinkle Twinkle Little Star in 54 on a Blues Harp and progressed , then life .....some death ....Evolving as I went like a small rock in a stream rounding out as I went with the flow as I go through the white waters and waterfalls of life . Life has always been interesting to me

Comment

That Vox thing looks pretty awesome!
                            Originally posted by LesStrat
                            Yogi Berra was correct.
                            Originally posted by JOLLY
                            I do a few chord things, some crappy lead stuff, and then some rhythm stuff.

Comment

Originally posted by ImmortalSix View Post
                              You can't beat the VOX AmPlug.

I have one and it sounds so good, sometimes I play it running through my stereo and big speakers.

VOX just introduced headphones with a built in AmPlug - the headphones are made by Audio-Technica
                              ===============================================

Impressive little suckers , I like .

Sounded really clean and fat .

I listened to the video with some really great ear buds too .

HR
                              It started for me with Twinkle Twinkle Little Star in 54 on a Blues Harp and progressed , then life .....some death ....Evolving as I went like a small rock in a stream rounding out as I went with the flow as I go through the white waters and waterfalls of life . Life has always been interesting to me

Comment

Working...
                              X