I need some help here !

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I need some help here !

Guys , I got a Fender Champion 30 yesterday from a friend of mine who said that he wasn't interested in playing anymore and decided to just give it to me. Now there are two things that I noticed with it it ;

1. The power cord that is with it, is obviously not the original seeing as it's only 2 feet long.

2. I have to turn the volume up to at least 3 before I can get any decent amount of power out of it.

I took the chassis out and sprayed the pots with contact cleaner and didn't see anything that appeared to be out of sorts, so after putting it back in place and turning the knobs a bit, with the power off, I decided to try it again and still no improvement. I'm wondering if it could be that it needs a new speaker or a stock Fender power cord ? Any help here would be appreciated.

Re: I need some help here !

Power Cord wouldn't affect the volume, but 2 feet is way too short so I would replace it. There's nothing worse than an amp with a short power cord. Does it sound good once you get the volume high enough?
    Originally posted by ratherdashing
    If inviting 200 drunken strangers to your parents house is wrong, then I don't want to be right.

Comment

Originally posted by schecterplayer View Post
      Power Cord wouldn't affect the volume, but 2 feet is way too short so I would replace it. There's nothing worse than an amp with a short power cord. Does it sound good once you get the volume high enough?
      Yeah it does but I've played through one of these before and I know they should be much louder . I'm wondering if maybe I should install a new speaker or if the power transformer is dying out ?

Comment

Is it a solid-state or tube amp?
        Originally posted by ratherdashing
        If inviting 200 drunken strangers to your parents house is wrong, then I don't want to be right.

Comment

Originally posted by schecterplayer View Post
          Is it a solid-state or tube amp?
          Solid State

Comment

The power cord is the most important part of an amp. Change it asap !!

Comment

Originally posted by crguti View Post
              The power cord is the most important part of an amp. Change it asap !!
              I just ordered a 6 footer through e-bay, hoping that'll make a difference.

Comment

Talk about luck, the guy that I bought the new power cord from on E-bay, lived one town over from me and contacted me. He said he could bring it over and instead of refunding me the shipping charges, give me 2 of them instead. I approved it and within 30 minutes he was over with 2 brand new 6 foot power cords both of which fit my Champion 30.
                As soon as I turned the amp on and plugged in my guitar, it seemed that the 2 foot power cord was the culprit . Don't ask me why but it was screwing up the power going into my amp. Now it's working fine and everything's okay.

Comment

Working...
                X