NAD - Peavey Blues Classic 50W 1x15

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NAD - Peavey Blues Classic 50W 1x15

Picked up a New To Me/"Used" Amp this past Saturday...went into my local MGR and they had a Peavey "Blues Classic" Tweed 50W 1x15 that I couldn't resist after playing a Paul and Strat through it for about an hour on Friday. Put it on hold and went back Saturday Morning w/my CS Strat and confirmed just how good the Blues Classic truly sounded.

Apparently they only made these for a couple years ('93-'94). They seem to be pretty well liked by their owners per the Harmony Central Reviews. From the little bit of info I have found and read, it's the same chassis and amp as the Peavey Classic 50 but with a 15" Speaker.

I stopped by Music Go Round recently looking to trade my Tiny Terror head in towards some sort of tube combo. Saw this thing from across the room, thought it was a Fender Blues Deville until I got right up to it. Blues Classic? 1x15? Peavey? I almost kept walking, but curiosity forced me to hook...

they say it comes close to sounding a bassman...is it worth getting? whats your thoughts on it?
    Last edited by muttznmongrelz; 10-25-2016, 10:16 AM.
    MuttznMongrelz

1983 Kramer Pacer Imperial
    1983 Kramer Pacer Deluxe
    1988 Kramer Nightswan
    1989 Charvel Sambora
    2016 Warmoth Hellacaster
    Boogie Private Reserve Lone Star Combo
    Rivera Hundred Duo Twelve

sigpic

Re: NAD - Peavey Blues Classic 50W 1x15

Those are sweet sounding amps, particularly the 15 model, one of the best clean tones I've seen for the price. I bet it would really rock with a nice eminence 15 in there.
    Originally posted by ratherdashing
    If inviting 200 drunken strangers to your parents house is wrong, then I don't want to be right.

Comment

So its pretty much like a Delta Blues but without the tremolo? Nice score man! Congrats
      Make a joyful noise unto the Lord. Psalm 100:1

Comment

Originally posted by guitarkid View Post
        So its pretty much like a Delta Blues but without the tremolo? Nice score man! Congrats
        Thanks! Blues Classic is 50W vs Delta Blues 30W. It's a Classic 50 but w/a 1x15 from what I've read.
        Last edited by muttznmongrelz; 10-04-2012, 04:42 AM.
        MuttznMongrelz

1983 Kramer Pacer Deluxe
        1988 Kramer Nightswan
        1989 Charvel Sambora
        2016 Warmoth Hellacaster

sigpic

Comment

We used to call the Delta Blues amps delta shred amps lol. Very cool amps. I didn't know they offered a 50 watter!
          Political Correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end.

Comment

Originally posted by xxxplorer View Post
            We used to call the Delta Blues amps delta shred amps lol. Very cool amps. I didn't know they offered a 50 watter!
            Yeah, when I saw the manual had a recommended setting for "Metal", I was like..."Hmmm"...
            Last edited by muttznmongrelz; 10-03-2012, 08:59 PM.
            MuttznMongrelz

1983 Kramer Pacer Deluxe
            1988 Kramer Nightswan
            1989 Charvel Sambora
            2016 Warmoth Hellacaster

sigpic

Comment

I got a Delta Blues 210 a month or so ago and I love it. It's not going anywhere.
              Originally posted by Good Will Hunting
              Real loss is only possible when you love something more than you love yourself.

Comment

Ha! Yeah, I feel ya on that! Just ordered a footswitch for mine.
                MuttznMongrelz

1983 Kramer Pacer Deluxe
                1988 Kramer Nightswan
                1989 Charvel Sambora
                2016 Warmoth Hellacaster

sigpic

Comment

Nice!

Comment

Love my DB 115. That has got to be loud. I barely ever get the 30 watter above 4 on the vol..

Comment

I love the C50, but mine was the 2x12. How's that 15 compare/contrast?

Comment

It is loud...I can't really crank it beyond 2 or 3 for fear of being a disturbance. As to the 15"...well...my other amp is a Marshall JMP 50W 2x12 Combo and the Marshall is a lot "clearer" sounding amp overall, of course it's only the one channel w/a "High" and "Low" Input whereas the Peavey has two Channels "Clean & Lead" and the Lead has "Pre & Post" Gain Knobs.

Gotta grab some new Chickenhead Knobs for the Peavey...some Oxblood or Wine Colored ones to match the grill cloth.

Sound of the 1x15 compared to a 2x12 or 4x10...big, full, clear...obviously more bottom end.
                        Last edited by muttznmongrelz; 10-25-2016, 06:19 AM.
                        MuttznMongrelz

1983 Kramer Pacer Deluxe
                        1988 Kramer Nightswan
                        1989 Charvel Sambora
                        2016 Warmoth Hellacaster

sigpic

Comment

I've wanted another one of these for a while - basically since I sold the one I had previously. Worked out a deal on the one below so hopefully it'll arrive safe and sound in next week or so.

* Seller's Listing:

Awesome Peavey Blues Classic amplifier. 50 watts, 1x15" speaker w/ cover and Peavey footswitch. Amp has been modified to include two 2 1/2 inch tweeters to add additional crispness to the already amazing sound. Made in the 90's this amp is truly a classic! Clean and lead channels let you find just the right amount of what you are looking for! Two inputs, normal and bright. Pre and post gain controls on the lead channel. Presence, treble, middle and bass controls. A fantastic sounding reverb!

Stand-by switch and a switch to turn on the lead channel by hand. The footswitch controls the reverb on and off as well as the lead channel on and off. (As on all Peavey Classic amps, you must have the Lead channel engaged then use the footswitch to go between the two channels).

It shines with all guitars both single coils and humbucking pickups. Has 3 x 12ax7 preamp tubes and 4 x el84 power tubes. The preamp tubes tend to get a little harmonic at higher volumes. This amp can get loud! Fabulous tube tone! Rich in the bass and mids. Treble goes from smooth to piercing depending on your settings...and with the addition of the tweeters.

Amp is in excellent condition, with very little marring of the tweed cabinet. Take a look at the pictures to see the bargain and excellent amp you will get, (amp stand not included).

May eventually try a Celestion G15V-100 Fullback 15" 100W 8 ohm or Eminence Red Coat 15" Big Ben 225W 8ohms speaker swap.
                          Last edited by muttznmongrelz; 10-31-2016, 10:47 PM.
                          MuttznMongrelz

1983 Kramer Pacer Deluxe
                          1988 Kramer Nightswan
                          1989 Charvel Sambora
                          2016 Warmoth Hellacaster

sigpic

Comment

Sweet man! Hope you get a lot of good use out it, Peavey is a great brand.

Comment

Thanks! Looking forward to getting it. Definitely some clean tones that I'd never get from the 5150. I'm quite sure it's going to get a Celestion Fullback 15" before too long.

Keep thinking about swapping out the Shefffields in the 5150 but with it plugged into the Mesa Cab with Celestion G12T-75s I really like the two pairs of 12" Speakers together.
                              Last edited by muttznmongrelz; 10-24-2016, 01:56 PM.
                              MuttznMongrelz

1983 Kramer Pacer Deluxe
                              1988 Kramer Nightswan
                              1989 Charvel Sambora
                              2016 Warmoth Hellacaster

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X