LA Amp and Guitar Show 10-6/7-2012

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• LA Amp and Guitar Show 10-6/7-2012

Alright So Cal forum members! Who's going to Van Nuys this weekend for this?

I've been to all of them, and usually come back here to post pics. (search)

This year is looking to be the best one, based on the fact that they added guitars to the title, and some very cool companies are showing up this year like Suhr, Bogner, Earthquaker Devices, Pigtronix, Wampler, and Evil Robot.

If you're going, specify which day.
    Originally posted by Boogie Bill
    I've got 60 guitars...but 49 trumpets is just...INSANITY! WTF!

Re: LA Amp and Guitar Show 10-6/7-2012

I might head up on Sunday.

Comment

It turns out that I've got to do it on Sunday too.

How about making Sunday the day for forumites to show up and meet?

Comment

You can all come see me at Wampler, room #3002.

If you're wondering: No, that is not my "new gig". Brian has been a friend of mine for years. I happened to be talking to him about it and this is the first time I was planning to attend. He said he couldn't make it, he had a prior commitment, and I volunteered to man his room so his company could be there.

Comment

Cool. I'll finally get to hear all the Wampler pedals side by side. In past years, I got to do that with Z Vex, Menatone, and Red Witch.

Comment

if you get a chance, stop by the bad cat room, if they have one, and try out the fat cat with reverb. take some pics if you can.
            Originally posted by Gearjoneser
            Put the two together, and make it Kambone.

Comment

maybe saturday, not sure.

what does the lay person do at these things - you just look at amps and rap with people, or actually pick up axes and test stuff out? can you buy pedals & amps there?

[cynical part deleted]
              Last edited by DankStar; 10-04-2012, 02:45 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Gearjoneser View Post
                Cool. I'll finally get to hear all the Wampler pedals side by side. In past years, I got to do that with Z Vex, Menatone, and Red Witch.
                That's cool. What do you remember of the Menatone stuff you tried? I got the newer four knob version of their King of the Britains a few months ago and I love it. I'm definitely interested in their other offerings.
                Custom neck-thru strat
                1989 MIJ 1962 RI Strat
                1995 PRS CE24
                D'avanzo #8
                Breedlove Solo Concert
                1996 USA Dean Baby Z
                1991 40th Anniversary Les Paul
                1968 Fender Bassman, Egnater SW45, Mesa Mark IIB Coliseum, Mesa ElectraDyne 1x12 Combo, Avatar 4x12, Mesa half back 4x12 Earcandy 2x12
                Roland RE-201 Space Echo, 70's Fender Reverb Unit

Comment

Originally posted by Agileguy_101 View Post
                  That's cool. What do you remember of the Menatone stuff you tried? I got the newer four knob version of their King of the Britains a few months ago and I love it. I'm definitely interested in their other offerings.
                  I was really impressed with the Fish Factory dual mode OD (Blue Collar and Red Snapper in one box). Then for some stupid reason they discontinued it.

Comment

Originally posted by DankStar View Post
                    maybe saturday, not sure.

what does the lay person do at these things - you just look at amps and rap with people, or actually pick up axes and test stuff out? can you buy pedals & amps there?
                    They let everyone demo the gear, but they're probably more interested in talking to potential dealers or customers with cash. If you buy something, you probably have to come back Sunday at 5pm to pick it up.

I usually just go to hear all the new stuff I only get to see in pictures or youtube clips normally. My budget is usually for accessories like tubes or patch cables.

Comment

Originally posted by Gearjoneser View Post
                      They let everyone demo the gear, but they're probably more interested in talking to potential dealers or customers with cash. If you buy something, you probably have to come back Sunday at 5pm to pick it up.

I usually just go to hear all the new stuff I only get to see in pictures or youtube clips normally. My budget is usually for accessories like tubes or patch cables.
                      cool, thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by newking70 View Post
                        if you get a chance, stop by the bad cat room, if they have one, and try out the fat cat with reverb. take some pics if you can.
                        Take some pix of the dense reverb fumes!
                        Originally posted by LesStrat
                        Yogi Berra was correct.
                        Originally posted by JOLLY
                        I do a few chord things, some crappy lead stuff, and then some rhythm stuff.

Comment

I'll be there on Saturday with Mr. Cazares and our (respective) wives.
                          Evan Skopp, Inside Track International
                          Sales and marketing reps for Musopia, Reunion Blues, and Q-Parts.

Comment

As it turns out, I won't be able to make it up there. I'll be going to the OC Auto show in Anaheim with my Dad instead. I'll drive the amps next year... I'll see if I can take a few cool cars out for a drive instead!

Comment

I expect MASSIVE pron from this!!!!!
                              Originally posted by Bad City
                              He's got the crowd on his side and the blue jean lights in his eyes...

Comment

Working...
                              X