banner

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

IN market for a new amp and would like some suggestions.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• IN market for a new amp and would like some suggestions.

I am looking at getting me a new amp. This is what I am searching for.
    Something in or around the 1000 us dollar amount. all tube. something as close as possible to the Fender cleans but with a good marshall kind of crunch to it. Think classic vintage marshall crunch. I was looking into marshall's vintage modern amps but would like something with a more chimy clean tone. I know I may be asking too much. yes I have considered the route of buying a nice Blues deville and just using a pedal for the marshall in a box tone. But i was wondering if there is an amp out there that can cover the ground without the use of pedals. Im horrid at trying to decribe the tones im after so here are some examples.

Crunchy tones such as this:
    Marshall Vintage modern 2466 100 watt,an Marshall 4x12 Cab mit Celestion G12H30

the cleans on this amp are very nice but looking for something just a tad bit brighter with that nice fender chime.

clean tones such as this:
    I'm back :-DA clean blues, B.B. Style, using:Guitar: Gibson LP Standard, neck pickup (Burstbucker 1)Amp: Fender Blues Junior Amp settings:Reverb:3Master: 3Mi...

apologies if I have used vids from anyone on this forum.

Re: IN market for a new amp and would like some suggestions.

Orange ad30 - used
    Carvin legacy Iii new for $800
    Marshall jvm, jmp - used
    Vox ac30
    Jet city 50 or 100
    Originally posted by grumptruck
    No I think James and Dave have that covered. You are obviously rocking way to hard.
    Originally posted by Gear Used
    PRS CE 22 (Custom 5 / 59)
    Gibson Les Paul (Screaming Demon / Pearly Gates)
    Mesa Stiletto Ace
    Gurus 5015
    Mesa Widebody 1X12
    Pedalboard

Comment

used rivera 2-ch
      gear list in profile

"no seymour - no tone ... know seymour - know tone!"

Is it not the glory of the people of America that, whilst they have paid a decent regard to the opinions of former times and other nations, they have not suffered a blind veneration for antiquity, for custom, or for names, to overrule the suggestions of their own good sense, the knowledge of their own situation, and the lessons of their own experience?" - James Madison - Federalist #14

Comment

Hughes & Kettner Tube Meister 18 or 36. Nice cleans, midgain, highgain, switchable between 36w, 18w, 5w, 1w, and Off for silent Redbox recording out. These are some of the most impressive new affordable amps.

With GC/MF 15% off coupons, you can get the 18 for around $500 and the 36 around $800.
        Originally posted by Boogie Bill
        I've got 60 guitars...but 49 trumpets is just...INSANITY! WTF!

Comment

See if that Mesa Tremoverb is still available. The cleans are sort of like slightly pushed Fender cleans but still very warm. You can get Marshall crunch, Pushed Blues Drive, Mesa Crunch and everything in between.

Comment

Thanks for the replies. Ive owned the Jvm 205 combo and wasnt thrilled with the cleans. HOwever the crunch and beyond was very nice. Ill look into the suggestions. Keep em comin.

Comment

im diggin the crap out of that Legacy amp

Comment

Originally posted by loversmoon View Post
                im diggin the crap out of that Legacy amp
                The legacy series I is real nice too, could score one used for around $500. Series Iii is series I with a master volume ad a 3rd channel with boost options
                No I think James and Dave have that covered. You are obviously rocking way to hard.
                Mesa Stiletto Ace
                Gurus 5015
                Mesa Widebody 1X12
                Pedalboard

Comment

Used Rivera K100 Knucklehead. No reverb, 2 channels.
                  Why don't you take your little Cobra Kais and get outta here?!
                  My collaborative PROGRESSIVE ROCK PROJECT, As Follows.

Comment

I know my local guitar shop has an ad30. Think im gonna go check it out. Ive only played thru a Jim root terror and however it wasnt too bad I like having two channels.

Comment

You could also look at the Fender Super Sonic 22 in that price range. Lots of choice. If you want something different have a look at the Frenzel Wild Cat 30 based on the Bad Cat Hot Cat, has two channels clean and overdrive. Only problem is built on request so can't really try out but I have the baby brother and some not great demos on youtube of that.

Last edited by James Rock; 10-09-2012, 01:26 AM.
                      Gondola Kid
                      Bandcamp
                      Facebook
                      JimijaymesGuitarist
                      Youtube

Comment

Originally posted by loversmoon View Post
                        I know my local guitar shop has an ad30. Think im gonna go check it out. Ive only played thru a Jim root terror and however it wasnt too bad I like having two channels.
                        the ad 30 may be your best option. if the gain is more important and you are willing to sacrifice chimy ness, then the orange thunder 30 used is cheap and is a good bet

Comment

The EVH 5150 III 50 watt has that fenders cleans and ch.2 can give you that Marshally crunch too. New for $999
                          Originally posted by everdrone
                          I have gas probz myselfs

Comment

Give the Fender Super Sonic 22 a test drive.

Comment

Lots of good suggestions here. What amps have you owned/played and either liked or disliked? Are you looking for a combo or a head? If head, do you have a 112, 212 or 412 cab that you are planning on using or do we need to factor in the cost of a cab as well?
                              Mesa Stiletto Ace
                              Gurus 5015
                              Mesa Widebody 1X12
                              Pedalboard

Comment

Working...
                              X