Mod for Digitech Whammy IV

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mod for Digitech Whammy IV

Can anyone show me where I can get a mod for my Whammy IV to be True Bypass? Some where good and not too pricey to have done. If your in Houston, Tx area, anyone know where I could take my pedal too? Thanks
    Originally posted by everdrone
    I have gas probz myselfs

Re: Mod for Digitech Whammy IV

Honestly, for a pedal like that it would probably be easier and cheaper to just put it in a true bypass loop box.
    Band: www.colouredanimal.com
    Twitter: www.twitter.com/mrperki
    Blorg: mrperki.tumblr.com

Read my Seymour Duncan blog posts

Comment

Google my friend. When I priced to have it done I found a few places doing it for 65-100.

Factoring the average used selling price of the IV and the cost to get the TB mod it was cheaper to get the newest Whammy version. Plus you get TB, auto-calibration, and polyphonic harmonies.

Comment

I was looking at a Loooper True Bypass Box, not bad. I might just get that, I was just trying to save room on my pedal board.

I did google it, found some places also. About $65 for the mod and to have it ship over to the modded an have it set back.
        Originally posted by everdrone
        I have gas probz myselfs

Comment

Not that difficult to do it yourself. But as Eric said, it may be best to get rid of it and buy the newest version.
          Originally Posted by IanBallard
          Rule of thumb... the more pot you have, the better your tone.

Comment

...or, you could sell that one and get the new Whammy V which is true bypass right out of the box, has a smaller footprint, and also uses DC power just like all your other pedals.

Comment

Originally posted by B2D View Post
              ...or, you could sell that one and get the new Whammy V which is true bypass right out of the box, has a smaller footprint, and also uses DC power just like all your other pedals.
              See post #3

Comment

TB mods on Whammy pedals are costly and hard to do because they are a pain in the back side...

As has been mentioned here looper or WH-5/V since it's TB already...
                If you just read a post by The Guy Who Invented Fire please understand that opinions change, mind sets change and as players our ears mature...not to mention our needs grow and change. With that in mind, today I may or may not agree with the post you just read!

Comment

Working...
                X