Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• This week's pedal builds

First up: Ross Compressor clone.

Second build for this one. I built one a few months ago and a faulty component somewhere that I couldn't identify made me end-up by throwing it in the garbage. This one worked out just fine. Home-etched pcb from tonepad layout, two colors retro racing stripes... pretty cool pedal.

Second: Ampeg Scrambler, in an etched enclosure. Pretty easy to do and fun. Home-etched PCB again, tonepad layout.

What I did wrong
    : I just focused on the fact that I was building a discontinued pedal so when I designed the enclosure, I just adapted the original design by Ampeg (which is so nice and kicks tucusses all day) and put it on a 1590b enclosure. However, once I was done etching I realized (quite late I know) that I was using the Ampeg logo, which is still used by the company (dumb again, I know), which is copyright enfringement and so on... not cool of me.
    Still, since I won't be selling it and will always present it as what it is: a DIY CLONE of a discontinued pedal by Ampeg, I saw no need to throw the enclosure away. I just know it's not right to present it on the web in its present form and therefore I present to you a poorly disguised picture of it to give you an idea... let's just say I won't make that mistake again.

I left the enclosure in the etchant for too long at a time, which caused my mask to come off and yield a quite imprefect look. I still like it though, looks messy, just like the tone of that pedal...

Enjoy!
    Last edited by Surgeon; 10-11-2012, 06:53 PM.

Re: This week's pedal builds

You know I love these!
    Originally posted by Good Will Hunting
    Real loss is only possible when you love something more than you love yourself.

Comment

Originally posted by Andrew Lamprecht View Post
      You know I love these!
      Glad to see you're still around!

Thanks for the kind words amigo!

Comment

I've almost bought a scrambler like twice now... freaky cool pedals! Awesome work!
        Political Correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end.

Comment

Nice!

Comment

Gracias guys!

Comment

Working...
            X