Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Played a Super Sonic today

Originally posted by Vasshu the humanoid typhoon View Post
    Well.....taste do not care much about "buildquality"....and what ever that means?
    Try a TRANSFERABLE LIFETIME WARRANTY on the Zinky on for Bruce's confidence in his build quality!!
    Build quality and bullet proof reliability means a heck of a lot to guys like me that play out 4 to 5 nights a week!
    Guitars
    Kiesel DC 135, Carvin AE 185, DC 400, DC 127 KOA, DC 127 Quilt Purple, X220C, PRS Custom 24, Washburn USA MG 122 proto , MG 102, MG 120.
    Amps PRS Archon 50 head, MT 15, Mesa Subway Rocket, DC-5, Carvin X50B Hot Rod Mod head, Zinky 25watt Blue Velvet combo.

Comment

Originally posted by Matt42 View Post
      Exactly. And FWIW, I'm not a huge fan of the Prosonic either.
      A Velvet or Mofo is not a Prosonic not even close. The reason Bruce left Fender is they were cutting so many corners in production on his designs. If you want to see Bruce's best work at Fender play a Tone Master or Vibro King

Last edited by Ascension; 10-17-2012, 02:04 PM.
      Guitars
      Kiesel DC 135, Carvin AE 185, DC 400, DC 127 KOA, DC 127 Quilt Purple, X220C, PRS Custom 24, Washburn USA MG 122 proto , MG 102, MG 120.
      Amps PRS Archon 50 head, MT 15, Mesa Subway Rocket, DC-5, Carvin X50B Hot Rod Mod head, Zinky 25watt Blue Velvet combo.

Comment

bullet proof
        Nothing is bulletproof on a tubeamp

Comment

Nothing is bulletproof on a tubeamp
          A high end tube amp like the Zinky is MUCH more reliable than any SS amp will be on the road! Just forget to plug your speaker cable into a SS head a couple times and see what happens .
          If they weren't you would see the big boys running more SS.
          Last edited by Ascension; 10-17-2012, 04:36 PM.
          Guitars

Comment

Originally posted by Ascension View Post
            A high end tube amp like the Zinky is MUCH more reliable than any SS amp will be on the road! Just forget to plug your speaker cable into a SS head a couple times and see what happens .
            If they weren't you would see the big boys running more SS.
            Really? From what I understand, it doesn't hurt a solid state amp to run it without a speaker.
            The opinions expressed above do not necessarily represent those of the poster and are to be considered suspect at best.

Lead guitarist and vocalist of...

Keep up to date on our Facebook

Comment

A couple of years ago, I tried out a SuperSonic at my local shop. When I asked about it, the manager said, "Actually, I'm interested to hear what you think of it." I plugged in, played for a bit, and then handed the cable back in. He asked what I thought. I said, "Umm... It's ok, I guess." He just nodded. It was brand new and already deeply discounted. The store told me they were having a lot of trouble moving it - in fact it had been bought and returned 3 times already. Nothing technically wrong with it, just the owners decided they didn't like it after having it at home for a week or so.
              -
              My Rolling Stones tribute band: The Main Street Exiles

At the battle of the bands, the loser is always the audience. -Demitri Martin

Comment

What model of Super Sonic?
                People gig with massproduced amps, just take the deville, hot rod deluxe and so on....yeah they may lack the snob and "buildquality" effect......who cares?
                Even my Hiwatt has caught fire twice in its life.....and nobody is going to tell me that it is cheaply made.

Comment

....and nobody is going to tell me that it is cheaply made.
                  Its Cheaply made
                  "Anyone who understands Jazz knows that you can't understand it. It's too complicated. That's what's so simple about it." - Yogi Berra

Comment

I had one of the early ones with longspring reverb and "Burn" switch....Later models deleted the "Burn" Switch.
                    The later models were not as good as mine.

It was a very good amp with excellent tone....not loud enough for me.
                    I traded it in for a down payment on a Plexi.
                    Originally posted by longcat
                    either way...cracker-y goodness.

Comment

Not as cheaply as a Marshall Jerry

Comment

I reckon the Super Sonic isn't for everyone...but I find that it's the best amp line Fender has come up with in over a decade. Their burn channel voicing is just killer with the first gain around 4 and the second gain floored. Killer stuff.
                        - Tom

Originally posted by Frankly
                        Some people make the wine. Some people drink the wine. And some people sniff the cork and wonder what might have been.
                        The Eagle never lost so much time as when he submitted to learn of the Crow.

Comment

Working...
                        X