Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Blog: New Amp and the "Honeymoon Phase"

Good stuff!

I'm all too familiar with amp churn. There was a really bad stretch where in a two year period, my #1 amp was a
    1. Soldano Decatone
    2. Peters 3CP1
    3. Rivera Rake
    4. Fuchs ODS
    5. Two Rock Emerald 50
    I'm pretty good about holding on to guitars but there was a five year period where I just went through a slew of amps. Good thing for me is that over the past 3 years or so, I've been pretty stable in my rig and that's allowed me to get much more familiar with the gear I own . . . as opposed to the gear I want.

Even so, there's not a single component of my current #1 signal chain that's the same as what I used five years ago. Everything's changed, from picks to strings to guitars to cables to amps to speakers. Pretty wild when I think about it.
    Originally posted by LesStrat
    make sure that you own the gear, not vice versa.
    My Music

Comment

From my observation anything with scooped mids causes a lot more honeymoon syndrone than other gear.

Comment

Great read!!
        Believe me when I say that some of the most amazing music in history was made on equipment that's not as good as what you own right now.

Jol Dantzig

Comment

Cool to see that it was soso who did that! Nice article.

Comment

Good stuff. I like to think I learned a long time ago that jonesing doesn't have to result in a purchase. I love to talk about gear, play with it, and learn about it, but my wallet doesn't come out until I'm pretty darn sure I'll keep it for the long haul.

A few recent mistakes were the EJ Fuzz and Fryette SAS Dist pedal. But I also never made a NPD honeymoon thread about them either.
            Originally posted by Boogie Bill
            I've got 60 guitars...but 49 trumpets is just...INSANITY! WTF!

Comment

Working...
            X