No announcement yet.

What Tubes for my Traynor YCS100 head?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What Tubes for my Traynor YCS100 head?

Hey there dudes!

So I bought my first tube amp last spring and I'm pretty much fudging happy with this! I love my Traynor YCS100 to death since it covers pretty much all the sounds I want. It has 3 channels and the 100W/30W switch that is so awesome.

Anyways, I bought it used at a shop and it still has the original tubes in it. I am still not sure as when I do need to swap them, but two weeks ago when I turned it on I had weird volume drops and pretty much no gain on my crunch channel (think active pickup running on low battery type of sound). I was kinda freaked out, I turned it off and back on and everything was fine... All the tubes seem to glow all of the same orange'ish color so I guess it's all ok for now.

So my questions are:

1. (It surely has been asked before) When do I replace my tubes and do I replace all of them? (the four EL34EH abd the four 12AX7A)

2. It is stated in the owner manual that it can handle all 6l6/el34 etc tubes, so how do I decide which tubes to go for? I play heavy rock, core'ish and djenty type of music (Think The Devil Wears Prada (Zombie EP and Dead Throne), Volumes, Periphery, After the Burial) I know much of them use the AXE-FX now... but you get an Idea. I think they most go for the Peavey 6505 type of crunch)

I run my head into a Marshall 4x12 1960 Lead (jcm900)

Thanks guys!

Frank
    - PRS SE Custom (Jazz/JB)
    - Ibanez RGD7421 (D-Activator)
    - Tanglewood TW170AS-CE

Traynor YCS100 through Marshall 1960 lead (4x12)
    Originally posted by Curt
    Whatever you do, remember to play in the crabcore position, it helps with the tone.

Re: What Tubes for my Traynor YCS100 head?

http://www.eurotubes.com/

Where I used to go for my YCV50 Blue.
    AccountKiller

Comment

Working...
    X