Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Played through this Orange today...

Orange Rockerverb 50 II

I think it's safe to say this is my dream amp. Unfortunately I am broke and will be for at least a few years (school, other things). Sweet amp though, it just cost $1900.
    Originally posted by Good Will Hunting
    Real loss is only possible when you love something more than you love yourself.

Re: Played through this Orange today...

cool! oranges are great! I see this one weighs 66 pounds and looks really bulky tho...I am still considering the tiny terror combo, maybe with the 10" speaker

you can get oranges for a couple hundred less through this store:

404 Not Found - Boutique Guitar Amplifiers, Guitars, Pedals, Two-Rock, Carr Amps, Dr. Z, Suhr, Nash, Fender Custom Shop, Mesa Boogie, Swart, Victoria, Vintage Sound, No...

worth saving up for tho IMO, and the TH30 is about $900 new

Comment

That's cool. The one I played was $1900 used. It is only $1789 on that site new..... I see they are $2300 - $2400 a lot of other places.

I wasn't a huge fan of the tt though I tried to love it.

I decided not to save for anything guitar related right now. I am about $9000 in debt and I want to start paying as much of it as I can off. I am trying to save up to move out of my parents home and pay this off on my own.

Comment

Originally posted by Andrew Lamprecht View Post
        I decided not to save for anything guitar related right now. I am about $9000 in debt and I want to start paying as much of it as I can off. I am trying to save up to move out of my parents home and pay this off on my own.
        glad u JUST decided this. this is a total money pit, you might wanna stay off these gas forumz and avoid making these ORANGE WORSHIP threadz

I have gas probz myselfs

Comment

I've only played through one Orange, a head with 6V6's. I found it surprisingly more compressed and relaxed sounding than I was expecting.
          It had a kind of soft, sponginess to it where I was expecting there to be more of biting edge. Not sure what model it was, but it was new and just a couple of years ago. Maybe a RV50?
          ••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••
          ••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••
          ••••••••••••••••••••••••••

Comment

Well, I'm not sure. Maybe that was the first RV50. Someone else will probably chime in. I will say that Oranges are definitely not as tight as other high gain amps, they tend to be really thick and growl a lot (stupid description word).

I don't know much about Orange. I just know I gas for their amps more than any other company. The RV50II, the AD30, TH30, TV50.... if I was rich I would buy multiple items from them.

Comment

I've actually been considering getting one of those too!
              Make a joyful noise unto the Lord. Psalm 100:1

Comment

Originally posted by Van Noord View Post
                I've only played through one Orange, a head with 6V6's. I found it surprisingly more compressed and relaxed sounding than I was expecting.
                It had a kind of soft, sponginess to it where I was expecting there to be more of biting edge. Not sure what model it was, but it was new and just a couple of years ago. Maybe a RV50?
                Probably, it was the Rockerverb 50 but, you choosed the wrong mode.
                The RV50 has a "Dumping Switch" that completely changes the dynamics and feel of the amp. One mode is thick, compressed and "modern", while the other is organic, dynamic and "vintage". I personaly love the "vintage" mode.

I love that amp. It can do anything with ease, from stunning cleans to high gain. Incredible reverb. What I loved is that this was the less Orange of Orange's. I mean, Orange tends to sound compressed and dark to my ears but, the Rockerverb plays in other league.
                I had to sell it because it's big and you need to krank it to really appreciate their guts and, I don't actually need such a loudness. But, a very versatile and nicely voiced amp, IMHO.
                My blog: http://hermeticoguitar.blogspot.com
                My Youtube channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/hermeticoguitar

Comment

Orange guitar amps in general are very dark and loose sounding amps. For the same reason they can be great for some classic rock / doom applications. I am not saying can not be used for other styles of music but the Orange's sound signature seems to fit better the aforementioned styles.
                  I have wanted to try their bass amps line though.

Comment

I'm sure it sounded superb Andrew... great amps from what I've heard!

Comment

Originally posted by Andrew Lamprecht View Post
                      That's cool. The one I played was $1900 used. It is only $1789 on that site new..... I see they are $2300 - $2400 a lot of other places.

I wasn't a huge fan of the tt though I tried to love it.

Check guitar centers used section. I found some from $1100 to $1600 used
                      Originally posted by grumptruck
                      No I think James and Dave have that covered. You are obviously rocking way to hard.
                      Originally posted by Gear Used
                      PRS CE 22 (Custom 5 / 59)
                      Gibson Les Paul (Screaming Demon / Pearly Gates)
                      Mesa Stiletto Ace
                      Gurus 5015
                      Mesa Widebody 1X12
                      Pedalboard

Comment

I played thru some guy's Orange a couple times several years ago (in a shared practice warehouse), don't remember the model, a 2x12 combo. I fiddled with it a little, but I couldn't get a decent solo tone out of it. It was worth hauling my own amp than using that Orange.
                        "Completely Conceded Glowing Expert."
                        "And Blueman, I am pretty sure you've pissed off a lot of people."
                        "Wait, I know! Blueman and Lew can arm wrestle, and the winner gets to decide if 250K pots sound good or not."

Comment

Working...
                        X