banner

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

If you can't afford an AXE FX, then what??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: If you can't afford an AXE FX, then what??

Talked about in another thread the band is going in ear monitors so all I'm concerned with is what it will sound like out front through the board.
    Good trades/deals with Dominus, Rich#6, Lazyfingers, SAVAGE DISTORTION and ErikH.

Comment

I do have an old Digitech RP3 that I'm going to give a whirl, who knows. A band I used to play with for a while has their PA set up in their basement. I'm taking the little guy over and plugging it in and just see where I'm at. Screwed probably but it will make a great starting point.
      Good trades/deals with Dominus, Rich#6, Lazyfingers, SAVAGE DISTORTION and ErikH.

Comment

I'd check out the mustang. I work at GC and I gotta say when any of us want to plug into an amp for quick second and get a good sound we always go for the 100w mustang. We have the floor pocessor, but I've never used it. I can only say that as far as digital amps go the best I've heard is the mustang, over the line 6 or the vox. The vox stuff sounds good, but the mustang really acts like a real amp and every guitar sounds the way it's supposed to, which doesn't always happen with digital stuff.
        Gear:
        Fender '03 CIJ Antigua Strat
        Epi Dot Natural
        Partscaster blackie
        Breedlove Passport Mahogany
        VOX V845 -> MXR Blue Box -> Boss CS-3 -> MXR Phase 90 -> Paul C. Tim OD -> Fulltone Plimsoul -> Boss CE-3 -> EHX Memory Toy -> SD Deja Vu Delay >
        Marshall Artist 30 4202 or Bugera V5

I WORK FOR GC, IF YOU NEED A DEAL PM ME!!!

Comment

You can get a used Boss GT10 now for $300.00 with your own patches it sounds great.
          Pulse 2AM - YouTube
          Pulse 2AM - iTunes

Comment

Pod HD 300

I use the 500, My impressions Here

See my comparison of the 300 vs 500 here

The 500 sounds great, but I could get all the same sounds I use from a 300

New in box for HD 300 for $300 shipped Here

Used.guitarcenter.com has HD 500 for $300, and HD 300 for $200
            Last edited by Reload in 5; 10-15-2012, 10:05 AM.
            Originally posted by MikeS
            a "career" of playing sold-out bedroom shows to the posters on my wall.
            Originally posted by JB_From_Hell
            whats becoming of this generation
            We want to listen to music while we mow the lawn.

Comment

Thanks reload. You the man.

Comment

Working...
              X