Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: What in your opinion a smaller but similar sounding to a tweed twin amp

Originally posted by NewWave View Post
    I want an amp that sounds vintage but not a totally break up vintage supro sound with low wattage.. I dont really care for how it look. I mean, it's an amp you dont look at it. You hear it. I think there's no such thing so I ask about it here. That pedal don't even sound near to what tweed is in my mind. I've recently encounter a new Fender amp. It's called excelsior. Anyone has any experience with it?
    I keep pushing the Zinky stuff for a reason man. Bruce ran the fender CS for a few years and I have been a fan for a long while. My 25 watt velvet can cover from nice Fender style cleans to that nasty Tweed break up on the clean side depending on how i set it up and can jump to out right screaming metal on the other side to light bluesy break up.
    I currently own Several different amps and have owned over the years just about anything you can name. My Zinky is now my #1 go to gig rig and that should say something.

Here is a live clip with me playing my PRS Custom 24 through my Velvet
    Last edited by Ascension; 10-20-2012, 03:37 PM.
    Guitars
    Kiesel DC 135, Carvin AE 185, DC 400, DC 127 KOA, DC 127 Quilt Purple, X220C, PRS Custom 24, Washburn USA MG 122 proto , MG 102, MG 120.
    Amps PRS Archon 50 head, MT 15, Mesa Subway Rocket, DC-5, Carvin X50B Hot Rod Mod head, Zinky 25watt Blue Velvet combo.

Comment

Working...
    X