banner

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anyone Tried The New Fender Excelsior With A Reverb Pedal?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone Tried The New Fender Excelsior With A Reverb Pedal?

I'm extremely close to buying one of the new Fender Excelsior amps. The only thing stopping me from ordering one, its the lack of reverb or an FX loop (So I could plug a reverb pedal into it). There are no good music shop near by so I can't go out and try one. And before anyone tells me to play it without reverb, my tone sucks too much to play without it. I can't make anything sound good without reverb... I really need reverb...

So anyone out there tried to plug a reverb pedal into it with good results?

Re: Anyone Tried The New Fender Excelsior With A Reverb Pedal?

I haven't tried out that amp, tho it seems quite cool.
    My advice would be to work on your tone tho. :P

Comment

Its an intentionally lofi amp for people who want grungey garage tones.

Buy a Tubemeister for what you want.
      green globe burned black by sunn

Comment

I tried one out and thought it was cool, but yeah, only good for garage rock.
        -
        My Rolling Stones tribute band: The Main Street Exiles

At the battle of the bands, the loser is always the audience. -Demitri Martin

Comment

Originally posted by Powdered Toast Man View Post
          Sounds good to me.

Originally posted by crusty philtrum
          ...Gimme a call when it's time to take 'em out. I don't have a gun, but i have a very sharp pointy stick and enough negativity to take out a small country...
          Originally posted by Securb
          The only blackmachine I care about is sitting in my jeans.

Comment

I've been looking for a super simple, low wattage & different sounding tube combo for a while now. Especially one with a bigger speaker than the 6 or 8 inch speakers that are found in most 5 watt tube combos...

I already have a Marshall JCM900 MkIII with a 6 pedal pedalboard for all my 80's & 90's Marshall tone needs, and I also have a Fender Hot Rod Deluxe III with a 15 pedal pedalboard for every other sound imaginable.

Now I want a bluesy amp that I don't have to fiddle with knobs, and just plug any of my guitars and just play! And of all the vintage type low wattage amps out now a days, the Excelsior looks to be the most interesting.
            Last edited by MasterKtulu; 10-21-2012, 04:20 PM.

Comment

Its an intentionally lofi amp for people who want grungey garage tones.

To me, it sounds more bluesy that garage rock.

Last edited by MasterKtulu; 10-21-2012, 04:18 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by MasterKtulu View Post
                And before anyone tells me to play it without reverb, my tone sucks too much to play without it. I can't make anything sound good without reverb... I really need reverb...
                Either you're over exaggerating or you really need to practice, not buy a new amp.
                Custom neck-thru strat
                1989 MIJ 1962 RI Strat
                1995 PRS CE24
                D'avanzo #8
                Breedlove Solo Concert
                1996 USA Dean Baby Z
                1991 40th Anniversary Les Paul
                1968 Fender Bassman, Egnater SW45, Mesa Mark IIB Coliseum, Mesa ElectraDyne 1x12 Combo, Avatar 4x12, Mesa half back 4x12 Earcandy 2x12
                Roland RE-201 Space Echo, 70's Fender Reverb Unit

Comment

Either you're over exaggerating or you really need to practice, not buy a new amp.
                  I'm exaggerating, but I really do prefer to play with some reverb or echo.

Comment

You may want to consider something like a Hot Rod Deluxe or something that already has reverb.

Otherwise, an EH Holy Grail always works for me, whether it's in front of an amp or in it's FX loop.
                    Originally posted by Boogie Bill
                    I've got 60 guitars...but 49 trumpets is just...INSANITY! WTF!

Comment

You may want to consider something like a Hot Rod Deluxe or something that already has reverb.
                      I Already posted above...

...I also have a Fender Hot Rod Deluxe III with a 15 pedal pedalboard for every other sound imaginable.

Comment

more power to you. . .I'd bet they sound damned good with a reverb pedal. .

Comment

I use the Boss DD-3 w/ my Excelsior. Sounds great in the signal chain. I've been toying with getting a Boss RV-5, but I'm not sure it would sound much different given my prefered setting(s)....Echo/slapback

Comment

Have you looked at the Peavey Windsor Studio? If nothing else, it has reverb!

I own the Peavey and it's not bad. Speaker breaks up too much for my taste, so it will get replaced. Decent tubes make it sound better, too.

I tried out the Excelsior at GC a while back. I really wanted to like it...but I didn't.

Comment

I really loved using one in the workshop with my Wampler Faux Spring reverb. I also tried my Hall of Fame with it and got some cool tones.

So I'd say if you want a real budget friendly Fender rig get the Excelsior and a Wampler Faux Spring.

If you like versatility and options get a TC hall of fame or a Line 6 verbzilla.

Comment

Working...
                              X