Bogner Shiva 20th Ann. EL34 Audio

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bogner Shiva 20th Ann. EL34 Audio

Here is are some audio samples of the classic and modern modes of the Shiva 20th Anniversary head with EL34's. No effects, no editing, just converted to MP3.

Shiva 20th Anniversary EL34 Classic Mode w/boost
    Shiva 20th Anniversary EL34 Modern Mode
    Last edited by UberMetalDood; 10-28-2012, 11:30 AM.

Re: Bogner Shiva 20th Ann. EL34 Audio

Wonderfully thick tone, despite the mp3-ness. Enjoy, sounds like a killer amp!
    Why don't you take your little Cobra Kais and get outta here?!
    My collaborative PROGRESSIVE ROCK PROJECT, As Follows.

Comment

Sounds great..... I love my Shiva
      "So you will never have to listen to Surf music again" James Marshall Hendrix
      "When the power of love overcomes the love of power, then the world will know peace."-Jimi Hendrix

Comment

nice chops broseph. great tone. i can't hear so well but how does it respond with different attacks?

Comment

Originally posted by esandes View Post
          nice chops broseph. great tone. i can't hear so well but how does it respond with different attacks?
          Thanks for being so kind but my playing was so sloppy in that I was embarrassed by posting it. I laid out that track in a hurry because I only had enough time to get home, unpack the amp, and test it out so it sounded very rushed. Anyway, about the amp... It responds magically, just like a boutique amp should. With KT88's, it's stiffer and gives in to the attack easier. It still blossoms and has lots of dynamics and everything, but it's different from EL34's. With EL34's, the attack is more rubbery or "spongy." It feels chewy when you strike the string but the sag punches back so you get really good accents on the notes. It's more hi-fi in sound and feel than the regular Shiva, but not a huge departure because it still maintains some of the haziness the regular Shiva is known for.
          Last edited by UberMetalDood; 10-24-2012, 09:51 PM.

Comment

I may be trading for a Shiva in the next few days. How are reliability issues?
            How are the cleans? I guess the max gain is Hot Rodded Plexi?
            "Anyone who understands Jazz knows that you can't understand it. It's too complicated. That's what's so simple about it." - Yogi Berra

Comment

Originally posted by MetalManiac View Post
              I may be trading for a Shiva in the next few days. How are reliability issues?
              How are the cleans? I guess the max gain is Hot Rodded Plexi?
              I had to wonder for a minute whether you were kidding about these questions. Bogners are known to be some of the most reliable amps. I never even heard a hiccup from any USA made Bogner. The cleans of the Shiva are renowned, and there is no such thing as a Bogner without immaculate cleans. I wouldn't call it hotrodded plexi or JCM800 or anything like that. It has more growl and less buzz. It's a bit smoother and smokier than Marshalls. You can get the most awesome tones from that amp and it loves overdrive pedals.

Comment

Can't hear the clip yet but will do later.

Jerry. I hope it is only the speaker but that's still a pisser when you only just got it.

Comment

New audio added.

Comment

Sweet!!!! Nice fat tone.... cool beans!

Comment

thats some bad-ass playing right there man. Are you using the higher gain mode on the 20th Shiva for this?
                      I can see what you mean..it doesnt have that edge of the Marshall Hot Rod. More smooth/creamy. The cords are thick and round instead of bright and crunchy?
                      "Anyone who understands Jazz knows that you can't understand it. It's too complicated. That's what's so simple about it." - Yogi Berra

Comment

...does the amp have a built-in metronome?

At any rate, sounds awesome
                        Originally posted by Aceman
                        It was the age of suave. Men were men, and women were smacked and thrown on the bed and loved it.

Comment

Working...
                        X