MXR Badass 78 Impressions?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MXR Badass 78 Impressions?

Anyone here give one a test run yet? It seems everyone says something slightly different about it... I've heard everything from a much better DS-1 to a Rat to a Hot Rodded Marshall.
    Originally posted by Good Will Hunting
    Real loss is only possible when you love something more than you love yourself.

Re: MXR Badass 78 Impressions?

In one sense or another it can fit all of those descriptions. I like it and its staying on my board. Like most dirt pedals it won't be everyone's particular brand of vodka.

Comment

All I can say is that it sounded great with through my Peavy Classic 30, and then sounded like **** through my Traynor YCV40...could not get any good sounds out of it through the Traynor.

Comment

I still have mine, but it's not in front of my amp right now. Results depend on your amp, I guess. I like it all right in front of my Princeton, less so in front of my Blues Jr. Awesome with my Class 5, just sonic icing on an already great cake.

Very classic sound. "The Boys are Back in Town. "Waiting on the Bus." "Back in Black." Etc.
        Last edited by Inkstained; 10-26-2012, 12:11 PM.

Originally posted by nedcronin
        Pretty much what you suggested Ink.
        Originally posted by metalmachine
        dont worry about it bro. even if we dont like it...... were just internet ppl. not real ppl. more like a hulicination of a mythical forest creature.

Comment

I have one. I got it since from the MXR demos they managed to make it sound like, and alluded it to being an EVH in a box pedal.

I got it, it wasn't. Doesn't really get the GNR tone they claim in the manual either.

Eventually I got the EVH 5150 III to get the tone I was looking for.

Comment

Originally posted by jmh151 View Post
            I have one. I got it since from the MXR demos they managed to make it sound like, and alluded it to being an EVH in a box pedal.

I got it, it wasn't. Doesn't really get the GNR tone they claim in the manual either.

Eventually I got the EVH 5150 III to get the tone I was looking for.
            If you are referring to the '78 in the name being an EVH reference I believe you are mistaken. From what I have seen it alludes to the year of release of the pedal its design is based on

Comment

Originally posted by AudioWonderland View Post
              If you are referring to the '78 in the name being an EVH reference I believe you are mistaken. From what I have seen it alludes to the year of release of the pedal its design is based on
              You're probably right, but there was alot of internet talk that tha '78 moniker referred to MXR Distortion that EVH used to boost his Marshall on the 1st album, and there were some demos I saw that made it sound like the EVH VH-1 album. So I got it because of all the hype. It is a good pedal, it just doesn't get the EVH tone at all.

However, it IS a very powerful pedal, it has a large output boost, is very raw sounding like a chainsaw. I just don't have a need for dirt boxes after getting my 5150 III amp

Comment

Working...
              X