banner

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

NAD- Starts with a "B": Doesnt have an "Aiy-EEEE", but Has an "Ohh-Gee"!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NAD- Starts with a "B": Doesnt have an "Aiy-EEEE", but Has an "Ohh-Gee"!

What is it?...

Eh-yup..Bogner Shiva.
    Traded my Super reverb plus 200.00 for it. I'll miss the Super Reverb. I never really realized just how absolutely great that thing sounded till I got over there and the cat started playing it, but oh well, hope to have another someday.
    Heres the Bogner. Cleans I havent messed with much except trying it out, but the Fender blows it away.
    Hoping the Hot Rod Marshall sound is as good as everyone says.
    It better be, this thing is a back breaker!:

(PS..can someone fill me in on how the spealer outs work? I wann run this into the 2x12 Genz Benz at 4 Ohms).

Heres a gut shot ( stock pic).
    (I'm impressed. Cassis mounted Power tubes and pots and switches, thick PCB with big traces, no ribbons, I guess I can live with the circuitboard mounted preamp tubes for the time being.
    Makes me realize what a bargain the tremoverbs are, and in fact, this amp may ecentually be my ticket to a Mesa Boogie MKIV or older.)

Last edited by MetalManiac; 10-27-2012, 10:29 PM.
    "Anyone who understands Jazz knows that you can't understand it. It's too complicated. That's what's so simple about it." - Yogi Berra

Re: NAD- Starts with a "B": Doesnt have an "Aiy-EEEE", but Has an "Ohh-Gee"!

Last edited by Powdered Toast Man; 10-28-2012, 02:00 AM.
    -
    My Rolling Stones tribute band: The Main Street Exiles

At the battle of the bands, the loser is always the audience. -Demitri Martin

Comment

Very nice! Now, send it to me and I'll send you that stack

Comment

Originally posted by SteveAlysis View Post
        Very nice! Now, send it to me and I'll send you that stack
        The guy who I got this from had a 2000 DSL half stack in the room, I **** you not. Thats what was gonna be his dirty amp now. He traded the Shiva cause he was now in a old skool country band.
        "Anyone who understands Jazz knows that you can't understand it. It's too complicated. That's what's so simple about it." - Yogi Berra

Comment

Cool.

Send me your XPL.
          Custom neck-thru strat
          1989 MIJ 1962 RI Strat
          1995 PRS CE24
          D'avanzo #8
          Breedlove Solo Concert
          1996 USA Dean Baby Z
          1991 40th Anniversary Les Paul
          1968 Fender Bassman, Egnater SW45, Mesa Mark IIB Coliseum, Mesa ElectraDyne 1x12 Combo, Avatar 4x12, Mesa half back 4x12 Earcandy 2x12
          Roland RE-201 Space Echo, 70's Fender Reverb Unit

Comment

Originally posted by Agileguy_101 View Post
            Cool.

Send me your XPL.
            heh, I think its spoken for.

Anyone can share their setting for the best fender cleans?

Comment

Looking good there Jerry, that's quite a serious bit of circuitry! I know you want someone to chime in with some settings, but what's your experience so far? It's looks almost new too, congratulations!

Comment

Originally posted by d1dsj View Post
                Looking good there Jerry, that's quite a serious bit of circuitry! I know you want someone to chime in with some settings, but what's your experience so far? It's looks almost new too, congratulations!
                Thanks very much. Yes, its nice and clean, and quiet ( besides some sort of slight tube noise), and runs cool. Ive just barely played it, so I havent explored all avenues yet, but like people have said, it doesnt get that pristine bassy new Fender sound. Ive dialed in a bunch of different settings, some are better than others, and its really nice, but overall disaapointing compared to the Super Reverb.
                Not surprising I guess.
                The dirty sound I'm not going to try and get into tonight, but preliminary results sound very promising. As Ive said, the speaker seems to be rattling some, so maybe due for a replacement/upgrade.
                Also interested to run this into my 2x12 George Lynch cabinet.

Comment

...After all that talk about PCB amps being inferior to some kind of handwired...

Best settings for Fender cleans...trade the amp back for your Super Reverb!

Bogners are cool amps but I see a lot of folks bill them as a BF Fender and a hot rod JCM800 in the same box and I don't hear it.

You might get sort of close if you run it real clean, add some very and dip the mids a tad but only close.

Is yours the 6L6 version or the EL34 version? Reverb or non reverb?
                  If you just read a post by The Guy Who Invented Fire please understand that opinions change, mind sets change and as players our ears mature...not to mention our needs grow and change. With that in mind, today I may or may not agree with the post you just read!

Comment

Bogner, Love it. I really want to get one someday.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2
                    Originally posted by crusty philtrum
                    ...Gimme a call when it's time to take 'em out. I don't have a gun, but i have a very sharp pointy stick and enough negativity to take out a small country...
                    Originally posted by Securb
                    The only blackmachine I care about is sitting in my jeans.

Comment

Let us hear it. Make a video of you playing through it.

Comment

Originally posted by JOLLY View Post
                        Let us hear it. Make a video of you playing through it.
                        Alright, but I'm not gonna show my Moobs.

BTW, I tightened down all the cabinet screws, and baffle and speaker screws. The speaker was loose, thats waht was rattling.
                        Some fool had used the "tighten them down till hand tight and then 1/4 turn" nonsense. I got in there and applied maximum torque to those screws, trust me, they are as tight now as humanely possible.
                        No problem with bending the frame on the British Celestion Classic Lead 80.but I wouldnt try it with Italian Jensens quite so much.
                        Last edited by MetalManiac; 10-28-2012, 08:14 PM.

Comment

Need video.

With moobs.

Comment

Most overrated Amp Ive ever heard. I thinks its a very outdated design.
                            jack -of-all-trades, master of none.
                            Hell, my 150.00 Crate Lee jackson Stealth does a hell of a lot better Hot Rod marshall .
                            The Cleans aren't even as good as even a hot rod deluxe.
                            Shh , dont tell noone, casue this goes on the trading block shortly after the first of the year!
                            Gonna parlay it into a trade for a great guitar or Mesa or hopefully old Fender.I'll add cash, thats the ticket..someone who needs a littel cash, and is bored with theor Mesa or other high end or vintage amp, plus my Shiva.
                            Last edited by MetalManiac; 10-28-2012, 10:14 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by the guy who invented fire View Post
                              Best settings for Fender cleans...trade the amp back for your Super Reverb!
                              +1
                              "Technique is really the elimination of the unneccessary ... it is a constant effort to avoid any personal impediment or obstacle to acheive the smooth flow of energy and intent"
                              Yehudi Menuhin

Comment

Working...
                              X