X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Blog: Getting the Most out of an Octave Pedal

Click here.
    Evan Skopp, Inside Track International
    Sales and marketing reps for Musopia, Reunion Blues, and Q-Parts.

Re: Blog: Getting the Most out of an Octave Pedal

Certainly something I need schooling on, thanks!

Comment

Good article. I don't often use an octave pedal, but I have had trouble getting my Pigtronix Mothership to track to my liking. I'll have to try these tips.

Originally posted by DreX
      Nearly everyone still in this thread should have me on ignore by now. The fact that they don't says everything.
      The only reason anyone describes me as combative is because I don't agree with them and allow them have the last word. Well... too bad.
      There's no substance to anything I have posted.
      Originally posted by Evan_Skopp
      I'm sure that'll be good for a few "likes" from your buddies.

Comment

I almost never use the neck pickup with a sub octave effect and if you learn how to damp the strings and notes you are not hitting you can get them to track well but if you are having issues a compressor before the octave will help a LOT.

As for octave up it is almost always about technique...they tend to take a lot more time to get a nice clean, pure octave up sound from but some units are easier than others!
        If you just read a post by The Guy Who Invented Fire please understand that opinions change, mind sets change and as players our ears mature...not to mention our needs grow and change. With that in mind, today I may or may not agree with the post you just read!

Comment

Been wanting a green ringer clone but I'm afraid it won't get used but sparingly. Want to get one from that dude podals off the bay for fitty bux to see.

Comment

Originally posted by DankStar View Post
            Been wanting a green ringer clone but I'm afraid it won't get used but sparingly. Want to get one from that dude podals off the bay for fitty bux to see.
            Green ringer isn't a true octave up as the effects is really a very simple ring modulator.

I can get an octave up tone but it's a different kind of tone.

If you want a good octave up effect but are afraid you won't get your money's worth get something that does more...

Fulltone Ultimate Octave is a screaming fuzz on it's own and has octave up and the Foxrox Octron is a kool octave up but does octave down too!
            If you just read a post by The Guy Who Invented Fire please understand that opinions change, mind sets change and as players our ears mature...not to mention our needs grow and change. With that in mind, today I may or may not agree with the post you just read!

Comment

Cool, thanks

Comment

Working...
              X