SD SFX 11

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SD SFX 11

Anyone use one of these Twin Tube Blue pedals? I found a couple soundclips I kinda like. MF, AMS, and Sweetwater all say no longer available. Any news that will help me?
    I want more me in my tone.

Re: SD SFX 11

Wow, nobody here has used this or the SFX 03?
    I want more me in my tone.

Comment

i have both of them and they are great pedals. never had any problems with either of mine. its a waste for me to have them since i dont use pedals often other than timmy. when i used a pedal board i had the ttc on there and was very happy with it once i stopped treating it like a pedal and more like an amp channel.

the ttb is very nice. bright and clear with nice tube warmth

Comment

Originally posted by jeremy View Post
        i have both of them and they are great pedals. never had any problems with either of mine. its a waste for me to have them since i dont use pedals often other than timmy. when i used a pedal board i had the ttc on there and was very happy with it once i stopped treating it like a pedal and more like an amp channel.

the ttb is very nice. bright and clear with nice tube warmth
        I had the TTC and it was very nice. It made the SS amp I had at the time MUCH better
        Also is good into a clean or fairly clean single channel tube amp.
        Have to view it as a preamp/amp channel.
        Originally posted by MikeS
        a "career" of playing sold-out bedroom shows to the posters on my wall.
        Originally posted by JB_From_Hell
        whats becoming of this generation
        We want to listen to music while we mow the lawn.

Comment

I've never used the Twin Tube Blue, and I don't know if/where you can get them, but I have used the Twin Tube Classic and Mayhem. They are both great pedals. The Classic is more of a pre-amp as mentioned and works really well in front of a single channel amp.

The rhythm channel is very dynamic and reacts really nicely to change in picking or with your volume knob. It can go from a cleanish boost (with gain low and volume up) to a overdrive to a nice crunchy tube-ish distortion. Rolling your volume back or using a lower output pickup really changes the gain character of the channel, and it cleans up nicely.

The lead channel is primarily a distortion channel. It still has a wide range of gain available, and is great for that 70's and 80's classic rock and metal tones. Not as dynamic as the rhythm channel but it still has a nice tone and reacts to your playing.

The Twin Tube Mayhem is a full on distortion pedal. It feels like a high-gain tube amp and for high distortion has a nice feel to it. Its still quite organic despite its high gain and I like it better than any "regular" distortion box I've used. This one is much more a pedal than a preamp compared to the Classic. The boost is nice too, so if you are into an on-the-edge amp the boost will add a bit of saturation to the sound. Its a great pedal, but is definitely most suited to metal, however the EQ is very tweakable so potentially you could make it suite your desired tone.

These two Twin Tubes are great pedals, and can be used as pre-amp to help with variety on a solid-state amp, single channel amp, or recording set-up. I don't know how different the Classic is from the Blue, but maybe you could use the Classic if its easier to find. Good luck in your quest to find one!

Tim

Comment

Working...
          X