Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• JMD question

Greetings fellow forum members..
    I'm interested in buying this Marshall model amp. In the spec it says that it still uses a power tube but uses digital preamp. So the question is. Can I still get the tube overdrive sound from it? I guess I am still able but not really sure. Anyone that has experience with the amp can you get right sound at bedroom level (50 watts). The second question is will a 412 sound 4 times louder than a 112 with same speaker and amp? Thx.

Re: JMD question

My friend has the 100 watt model and runs an OD in front and it sounds great IMO. The amp has a bunch of great sounds in it, I may pick one up myself.

Comment

Doug talks about how he uses it... He makes it sound pretty good, in my opinion!!!

Cole
      Budda Superdrive II 30, 45, V40, Baby Budda| H&K Duotone | Laney GH100L | Peters Halo/Hydra | Rivera M100 | |Rocktron Vendetta 100 | VHT Pittbull 100/CL]

Comment

I'm not a big fan of emulated amps, modelers, etc..., but the JMD is actually pretty good. It was fun to play and I was able to get some nice sounds out of it. For the price you can get them used, I would say they're a pretty good deal.

Comment

Yeah I saw that video with Doug too, that is the first thing that trigger my interest. But I think it's too loud for me or I can get one and get a 212 cab with it.

Comment

Originally posted by NewWave View Post
            Yeah I saw that video with Doug too, that is the first thing that trigger my interest. But I think it's too loud for me or I can get one and get a 212 cab with it.
            You could get a 2x12 if you want, but it will still be loud. I use a 1x12 with my 50 watt Marshall and it is really loud. I don't know how the JMD responds to low volumes, but in my experience with tube Marshall amps low volume doesn't sound good.

If you want quiet, tube amps aren't the ideal format... Are you playing in a band? If not maybe one of the low watt tube amps would be a better deal, like the Class 5...

Cole
            Budda Superdrive II 30, 45, V40, Baby Budda| H&K Duotone | Laney GH100L | Peters Halo/Hydra | Rivera M100 | |Rocktron Vendetta 100 | VHT Pittbull 100/CL]

Comment

Working...
            X