X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Tips for mobilizing a twin reverb?

Originally posted by Andrew Lamprecht View Post
    Another question:

Is it possible to switch the reverb tank in this to something better? The reverb is ok but not great. I might as well change it while I am messing with everything else... also, recommendations for which brand?
    Switching to a different tank might not give you the change you are looking for. The amount of reverb you have on an amp depends largely on how the reverb circuit is designed, and how it is integrated into the amp. A change of the reverb tank might change the character of the reverb you get, but it isn't that likely to change its intensity.

Accutronics reverb tanks are the standard, though they are now made in Korea.
    Originally posted by LesStrat
    Yogi Berra was correct.
    Originally posted by JOLLY
    I do a few chord things, some crappy lead stuff, and then some rhythm stuff.

Comment

depends what you have in there, 3 spring or two. I think you need to make sure the impedance on a new tank matches the impedance on your amp also. Most fender amps use accutronics tanks.
      However you might find that a couple of component changes inside your amp will change the depth of the reverb etc.
      Also...how old are the tubes driving the tank and what kind are they? You can get changes in reverb tone that way too.
      "Technique is really the elimination of the unneccessary ... it is a constant effort to avoid any personal impediment or obstacle to acheive the smooth flow of energy and intent"
      Yehudi Menuhin

Comment

Accutronics tanks are easy to match to each other in terms of specs when making a change in size/model. The product number is a code for all the ratings that you need to match, like tank size/series, impedance, delay time, intended mounting orientation, etc. I forgot the details of what is what, but to change out one reverb tank for another, all you need to do is take the model number of the old one, leave the codes for the features you need to match (such as impedance), and change the codes for all the features you want to change.
        Originally posted by LesStrat
        Yogi Berra was correct.
        Originally posted by JOLLY
        I do a few chord things, some crappy lead stuff, and then some rhythm stuff.

Comment

Gibson - no tubes - it's a SS amp.

I guess a reverb pedal would be easier. :P
          Originally posted by Good Will Hunting
          Real loss is only possible when you love something more than you love yourself.

Comment

oh i thought you said it was a twin reverb clone. dont spend any money on upgrading the reverb then. if you like its clean power and headroom then save up for a real twin and youll be in heaven
            "Technique is really the elimination of the unneccessary ... it is a constant effort to avoid any personal impediment or obstacle to acheive the smooth flow of energy and intent"
            Yehudi Menuhin

Comment

Doesn't your G100 have casters? Mine does, but they are removable for stacking.

Some creative solutions posted here, for sure, but I just roll mine when I can, and lift it when I have to. Heavy, yes, but worth every ounce in tone.

If that doesn't work, keep an eye on CL and score yourself a second G100 to leave at your practice space. As you've seen, they can be had for a song.
              Originally posted by DreX
              Nearly everyone still in this thread should have me on ignore by now. The fact that they don't says everything.
              The only reason anyone describes me as combative is because I don't agree with them and allow them have the last word. Well... too bad.
              There's no substance to anything I have posted.
              Originally posted by Evan_Skopp
              I'm sure that'll be good for a few "likes" from your buddies.

Comment

It's solid state? How heavy is it?

Comment

Originally posted by Dr. Vegetable View Post
                  Doesn't your G100 have casters? Mine does, but they are removable for stacking.

Some creative solutions posted here, for sure, but I just roll mine when I can, and lift it when I have to. Heavy, yes, but worth every ounce in tone.

If that doesn't work, keep an eye on CL and score yourself a second G100 to leave at your practice space. As you've seen, they can be had for a song.
                  I don't have wheels but it has the little metal openings to put them on. I saw another one last week or so for $160. I thought seriously about it.

Originally posted by nedcronin View Post
                  It's solid state? How heavy is it?
                  Yes, it honestly is comparable to my old 410 Deville if I remember correctly. It's extremely heavy. It has massive transformers and huge magnets on the speakers.

I really love this amp. Just really loud good sounding cleans. I don't plan to make any changes any time soon. They can be had for really cheap too as shown above.... I got mine for $145. Good condition... some chipped knobs, some faceplate wear... I saw one in better condition for $160.
                  Originally posted by Good Will Hunting
                  Real loss is only possible when you love something more than you love yourself.

Comment

This will work :

The question is if there are stairs.

Comment

Originally posted by zzmoore View Post
                      Buy a head cab for the Chassis.
                      Leave the Verb and speakers in the "old" combo cab.
                      best
                      This. No more heavy combo amps. You could put the chassis and verb tank in the head, and use a good 1x12 or lighter weight 2x12 cab.

Comment

This is good ...
                        I used it for my pedals instead

Shade
                        Gibson Songwriter Deluxe
                        Gibson 1959 reissue
                        Gibson 1960 reissue
                        Gibson EDS-1275

Freedom through the blood of Christ

Comment

Yehudi Menuhin

Comment

The Force.

Comment

Working...
                            X