banner

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Pedalboard I & II: Final Update (For Now…)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pedalboard I & II: Final Update (For Now…)

This is my main pedalboard (Version 3.0 Final) that I use in front of my Fender Hot Rod Deluxe III. I know it’s a bit much (Alright, a bit too much…), but I love every pedal there (Although, I use some more than others…) I convinced myself that I needed so many pedals by telling myself that since I liked to play mostly Blues, Classic Rock, Hard Rock and Heavy Metal I needed all of those pedals...

It looks pretty clean and tight considering I didn’t design it to hold as many pedals as it holds now…

This is what Version 1.0 looked liked… (Pretty good considering that for the past 15 years before I bought this all these pedals, I only played with digital multi-effects pedals…)

And this is what Version 2.0 looked like…

And this is my secondary pedalboard (Version 2.0 Final) that I use to push my Marshall JCM900 MkIII Combo. The layout is a bit weird but when I designed it, I lived in a much smaller place and I needed to be able to store it under a small table for it not to be in the way and I wanted all the cables to be permanently plugged in (As I don’t gig, my pedalboards don’t need to be portable).

Version 1.0 of this pedalboard was almost the same, except I had my MXR GT-OD where the Micro Amp is now...

Incidentally, that old Ibanez EQ is the first pedal I ever bought in the early 90s and it still works perfectly fine.

Re: Pedalboard I & II: Final Update (For Now…)

Very nice collection of pedals.

Where are the sound demos?

Comment

Great board and yeah, very tidy indeed. Any noise issues with powering so many? What are you using to power them?

Comment

You like your MXR's that's clear.
        Warmoth Group @ Flickr : SDUGF group @ SoundCloud : Basic Guitar Setup

Blog @ Izdihar.com : Pics @ Flickr

I dream of a better world, where chickens can cross the road without having their motives questioned

Comment

Originally posted by Chris of Arabia View Post
          thats what I thought too.

Your small board looks very similar to mine
          Originally posted by Good Will Hunting
          Real loss is only possible when you love something more than you love yourself.

Comment

Yeah, I love MXR Pedals! They are well built, analog, sound great and affordable, what's not to like?
            Last edited by MasterKtulu; 11-04-2012, 03:20 PM.

Comment

Cool board!
              With all of 6 dirt pedals, do you use them individually or do you combine some?
              Examples??
              Hamer,Fender Kramer,Epiphone,Yamaha
              Full Shred,'78 EVH,Custom 5,Alnico Pro II's,Vintage Rails,STK-1,STK-2.

Comment

Great board and yeah, very tidy indeed. Any noise issues with powering so many? What are you using to power them?
                Except for the PlexiTone (that has its own 12V plug), I power all the other pedals with a single Godlyke PA-9D Power-All Daisy Chain System (2000mA) that comes with a 11 pedal daisy chain hookup and I added a additional 5 pedal daisy chain hookup to it. I've had no problem with any added noise, or any power issues (Even when all the pedals are on).

I had planned on upgrading when I started adding more and more pedals, but as of yet it's still working great!

Comment

Cool board!
                  With all of 6 dirt pedals, do you use them individually or do you combine some?
                  Examples??
                  Both overdrive pedals sound good together, and both Custom Badass pedals sound good together. With the the gain turned low on the GT-OD, it sounds good boosting all the other pedals. But most of the others just add a wall of feedback and noise when combined.

Comment

I want that chorus.

Man considering the amp's own gain, you have about 5,000 overdriven sound options there.

Comment

Lot o options there.

What do you use your Road Rage for? I have a dual loop switcher and I love it!
                      Why don't you take your little Cobra Kais and get outta here?!
                      My collaborative PROGRESSIVE ROCK PROJECT, As Follows.

Comment

What do you use your Road Rage for? I have a dual loop switcher and I love it!
                        It's a Dual Buffer. With so many pedals (A lot of them true bypass) I was loosing some of the high frequencies... I plug my guitar in the first buffer input and the first buffer output goes to the first pedal in my chain. Then the last pedal in my chain plugs in the second buffer input, and finally the second buffer output goes to the amp input.

Comment

Thanks for the info!
                          Why don't you take your little Cobra Kais and get outta here?!
                          My collaborative PROGRESSIVE ROCK PROJECT, As Follows.

Comment

where are the sound demos?

I want to hear the pedals in action

Comment

Would it be safe to say that you are a fan of MXR pedals?
                              "So you will never have to listen to Surf music again" James Marshall Hendrix
                              "When the power of love overcomes the love of power, then the world will know peace."-Jimi Hendrix

Comment

Working...
                              X