Diezel oversized 2x12 cab with Eminence speakers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Diezel oversized 2x12 cab with Eminence speakers

Just curious; I bought an oversized Diezel 2x12 cab years ago that came with Eminence speakers, but after looking at their website (back then), they're supposedly only loaded with Celestion V30's, and don't mention anything about Eminence speakers being an option. I was under the impression that V-30's were in there, but when the salesperson took off the back, they were Eminence speakers. To make a long story short, they sound like CRAP, just like the ones in Fender combos. Even the Soldano 4x12 loaded with Eminence speakers sounded like s**t compared to the Celestion-loaded cabs from the shootouts I've seen on YouTube. They sound muddy and like cardboard compared to the stock G12T-75's in my Marshall 4x12. Oddly enough, I've been seeing a lot of folks touting Eminence speakers on various websites, including this one. I''m eventually going to change the speakers in my Diezel cab, but to play it safe, I think I'll stick to Celestions.

Re: Diezel oversized 2x12 cab with Eminence speakers

The eminence/fender special design speakers that you find in fender combos are nothing like eminence patriot or redcoat line speakers.
    Its like comparing a squier to a USA fender.
    Eminence make a wide range of really sweet speakers to suit various purposes. It really comes down to what sound you want most and then finding the right model for the job.
    It sounds like you have made up your mind to get V30s for your cab...which are killer speakers and it sounds like that's exactly the sound you are after, but for future reference don't write off all of the entire eminence range based on those ****ty gold special design speakers .
    Last edited by Chickenwings; 11-05-2012, 07:34 PM.
    "Technique is really the elimination of the unneccessary ... it is a constant effort to avoid any personal impediment or obstacle to acheive the smooth flow of energy and intent"
    Yehudi Menuhin

Comment

Troll? Just saying.
      Good trades/deals with Dominus, Rich#6, Lazyfingers, SAVAGE DISTORTION and ErikH.

Comment

Originally posted by gibson175 View Post
        The eminence/fender special design speakers that you find in fender combos are nothing like eminence patriot or redcoat line speakers.
        Its like comparing a squier to a USA fender.
        Eminence make a wide range of really sweet speakers to suit various purposes. It really comes down to what sound you want most and then finding the right model for the job.
        It sounds like you have made up your mind to get V30s for your cab...which are killer speakers and it sounds like that's exactly the sound you are after, but for future reference don't write off all of the entire eminence range based on those ****ty gold special design speakers .
        Actually, I might stay with the G12T-75's. Although they can be a tad sharp, they seem to be pretty balanced. V30's have the rep for lacking bass, and since I've never used them, I'm not sure if I'm willing to take a gamble on them. Since I don't have the resources to check-out the various higher-end Eminence models (other than what's on Youtube), I'll have to stick to what works best now.

Oh, so they're the Gold Special design speakers by Eminence? I didn't get a detailed look at the Eminence speakers in my Diezel, but I'm sure they're the Gold Special based on the tone. For 1K, looks like my Diezel cab is overPRICED as well as oversized

Comment

Originally posted by jacksontrader View Post
          Troll? Just saying.
          Chatterbot? Just saying.
          Last edited by TheTranslator; 11-06-2012, 12:53 AM.

Comment

I have eminence speakers in my 4x12 and I love them. Different strokes for different folks I suppose.
            My Blog: thisismyhatnow.blogspot.com

Originally posted by kevlar3000
            The smoker is great at adding a few decades, kinda like having Keith Richards breathe on yer guitar for a few hours...
            Originally posted by CTN
            I will kill you. Then I will resuscitate you, so you can watch me steal your new Tokai and play some horrible sounding ultra-dissonant death metal on it, then I will kill you again.
            FOR THE LOVE OF GOD! DC RESISTANCE DOES NOT DETERMINE ACTUAL OUTPUT OF A PICKUP.

Comment

I'd recommend a Vin 30 and a G12T-75. That's what the Bogner Ubercab comes with. They mesh nicely and fill out all the frequencies you want to hear.
              Originally posted by Boogie Bill
              I've got 60 guitars...but 49 trumpets is just...INSANITY! WTF!

Comment

Originally posted by Gearjoneser View Post
                I'd recommend a Vin 30 and a G12T-75. That's what the Bogner Ubercab comes with. They mesh nicely and fill out all the frequencies you want to hear.
                Thanks, that makes sense. I was actually thinking about trying that combo.

Comment

Originally posted by TheTranslator View Post
                  Thanks, that makes sense. I was actually thinking about trying that combo.
                  It's great, but you're way off about Emi's. Those speakers are probably a variation of the V12, which is somewhat similar to V30's, FWIW.

Comment

Just curious; I bought an oversized Diezel 2x12 cab years ago that came with Eminence speakers, but after looking at their website (back then), they're supposedly only loaded with Celestion V30's, and don't mention anything about Eminence speakers being an option. I was under the impression that V-30's were in there, but when the salesperson took off the back, they were Eminence speakers. To make a long story short, they sound like CRAP, just like the ones in Fender combos. Even the Soldano 4x12 loaded with Eminence speakers sounded like s**t compared to the Celestion-loaded cabs from the shootouts I've seen on YouTube. They sound muddy and like cardboard compared to the stock G12T-75's in my Marshall 4x12. Oddly enough, I've been seeing a lot of folks touting Eminence speakers on various websites, including this one. I''m eventually going to change the speakers in my Diezel cab, but to play it safe, I think I'll stick to Celestions.
                    My Chevy broke down 2 days after I bought it.
                    The Chevy rental overheated in the parking lot.
                    Chevy is crap, will never buy again.
                    Sound familiar.?
                    Last edited by zzmoore; 11-06-2012, 07:41 PM.
                    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gY73mb28orM
                    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=35mZ4BAvEbg
                    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nToonE52DG8
                    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XMl-ddFbSF0

Comment

I love my Eminence Swamp Thang. Fender Performer 100W combo. 1x12.
                      Nice tight bass, great for chugging.Also sounds amazingly clear and sparkly with my Start.
                      Hamer,Fender Kramer,Epiphone,Yamaha
                      Full Shred,'78 EVH,Custom 5,Alnico Pro II's,Vintage Rails,STK-1,STK-2.

Comment

Actually, I might stay with the G12T-75's. Although they can be a tad sharp, they seem to be pretty balanced. V30's have the rep for lacking bass, and since I've never used them, I'm not sure if I'm willing to take a gamble on them. Since I don't have the resources to check-out the various higher-end Eminence models (other than what's on Youtube), I'll have to stick to what works best now.

Oh, so they're the Gold Special design speakers by Eminence? I didn't get a detailed look at the Eminence speakers in my Diezel, but I'm sure they're the Gold Special based on the tone. For 1K, looks like my Diezel cab is overPRICED as well as oversized
                        if you want something that is meatier than a v30 and less scooped and fizzy than a g12t - check out the g12k100 (or the older version called the g12H100). Its like both speakers grew up and put on some muscle.
                        "Technique is really the elimination of the unneccessary ... it is a constant effort to avoid any personal impediment or obstacle to acheive the smooth flow of energy and intent"
                        Yehudi Menuhin

Comment

This thread makes me lol.

Why don't you take your little Cobra Kais and get outta here?!
                          My collaborative PROGRESSIVE ROCK PROJECT, As Follows.

Comment

^ +1.
                            Yeah baby!!!
                            Hamer,Fender Kramer,Epiphone,Yamaha
                            Full Shred,'78 EVH,Custom 5,Alnico Pro II's,Vintage Rails,STK-1,STK-2.

Comment

Originally posted by zzmoore View Post
                              My Chevy broke down 2 days after I bought it.
                              The Chevy rental overheated in the parking lot.
                              Chevy is crap, will never buy again.
                              I don't blame you

Comment

Working...
                              X