banner

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Lordy mamma help me! I've done mess my pants.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lordy mamma help me! I've done mess my pants.

I blame analog mike.
    Its all true what people say about those sun face things.
    "Technique is really the elimination of the unneccessary ... it is a constant effort to avoid any personal impediment or obstacle to acheive the smooth flow of energy and intent"
    Yehudi Menuhin

Re: Lordy mamma help me! I've done mess my pants.

Damn right!!!!
    If you just read a post by The Guy Who Invented Fire please understand that opinions change, mind sets change and as players our ears mature...not to mention our needs grow and change. With that in mind, today I may or may not agree with the post you just read!

Comment

For reals.

Every time I turn mine on, I smile. It's just a magical pedal. (provided the transistors aren't acting up)

I've heard similar things about Foxrox, which is good since I got a great trade deal on a CC Hybrid. I've always wanted to try a Hybrid fuzz face.
      Custom neck-thru strat
      1989 MIJ 1962 RI Strat
      1995 PRS CE24
      D'avanzo #8
      Breedlove Solo Concert
      1996 USA Dean Baby Z
      1991 40th Anniversary Les Paul
      1968 Fender Bassman, Egnater SW45, Mesa Mark IIB Coliseum, Mesa ElectraDyne 1x12 Combo, Avatar 4x12, Mesa half back 4x12 Earcandy 2x12
      Roland RE-201 Space Echo, 70's Fender Reverb Unit

Comment

Which options did it have on it?
        Warmoth Group @ Flickr : SDUGF group @ SoundCloud : Basic Guitar Setup

Blog @ Izdihar.com : Pics @ Flickr

I dream of a better world, where chickens can cross the road without having their motives questioned

Comment

nkt hi gain with dial.
          "Technique is really the elimination of the unneccessary ... it is a constant effort to avoid any personal impediment or obstacle to acheive the smooth flow of energy and intent"
          Yehudi Menuhin

Comment

Originally posted by gibson175 View Post
            nkt hi gain with dial.
            So you did go high gain!

Very nice pedal for sure.
            If you just read a post by The Guy Who Invented Fire please understand that opinions change, mind sets change and as players our ears mature...not to mention our needs grow and change. With that in mind, today I may or may not agree with the post you just read!

Comment

you told me to! lol
              i havent turned down the input gain yet. Ill open it up in a few days.

Seriously tho...this pedal...its like I've finally been let in on some big secret.
              its not like its my first fuzz either! I have other fuzzes and one of them is also genuine Nkt 275.
              Last edited by Chickenwings; 11-08-2012, 04:30 AM.
              Yehudi Menuhin

Comment

Originally posted by gibson175 View Post
                you told me to! lol
                i havent turned down the input gain yet. Ill open it up in a few days.

Seriously tho...this pedal...its like I've finally been let in on some big secret.
                its not like its my first fuzz either! I have other fuzzes and one of them is also genuine Nkt 275.
                Well, Theo uses (mostly) red dot NKTs and his are as close in gain as possible to a typical vintage unit.

The high gain NKT's that Mike uses are first off higher gain than any vintage unit you'll ever see (but still less than even a low gain Silicon unit) but they are also white dot NKT's which do have a different overall vibe and feel...they clean up better and they have have a sort of sheen to the tone when you roll the guitars volume back.

Depending on the rest of your rig you may or may not be able to get a high gain NKT dead clean with your guitars volume but it will still clean up more or better than a Silicon unit and I have found that with the high gain NKTs there are lot more interesting shade of dirt between clean and fuzzy.

Another interesting thing I have found...the white dot NKT's while still sensitive to temp changes are less so than red dots...

Comment

hmmmm....there is a white dot on ebay....this thing is soo good its indispensable already...mebbe i need a spare! lol
                  Yehudi Menuhin

Comment

Pffft, I don't need no fancy geranium transistor pedals or any other hardware to mess my pants ! I get the brown sound naturally !!
                    Lumbering dinosaur (what's a master volume control?)

STALKER NO STALKING !

Comment

they don't call you crusty for nothing!
                      Yehudi Menuhin

Comment

Curious to those who might know - can the SD Tweak Fuzz get close to that Sun Face sound, or is it kind of a different breed of fuzz altogether?
                        -Adam

Hear or Follow my music:

Comment

Congrats man... I hope you like it more and more...

I am a happy AnalogMan user as well... Sunface and the chorus... I like mine (NKT275, I dunno whether or not its a red dot... I was planning on taking it pic and finding it out... but I was kinda lazy I'd say).

I makes my strat sing.

B
                          FaceBook; SoundCloud; Barlo's Blues; Barlo Digitalized; Soundclick!;

Comment

I see fuzz in my forecast. I must admit I am confused by Analogman's many offerings. I have only used a few fuzz pedals in my time, with little success. I will certainly want a warm, mild, thick fuzz that cleans up well. By mild I mean on the lower gain side.

Comment

Originally posted by sosomething View Post
                              Curious to those who might know - can the SD Tweak Fuzz get close to that Sun Face sound, or is it kind of a different breed of fuzz altogether?
                              close yes. The tweak fuzz is also based on the fuzz face.
                              Yehudi Menuhin

Comment

Working...
                              X