In your opinion the best tube amp tonally that you can get nowadays

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• In your opinion the best tube amp tonally that you can get nowadays

Tube amp, best tone, the one that you can get nowadays.

Re: In your opinion the best tube amp tonally that you can get nowadays

edit: it's not tube, but tubes are for snobs

Comment

I'm not into fanboism of tube amp or anything I practice with my 90 bucks vox mini 3 but with that you cant get the tube saturation sound

Comment

This is like asking, "which food will give me the best flavor?" Your question is far too general. What style of music do you play? What guitarst's tones do you enjoy? Do you gig? Play with a band? Play in your bedroom? What is your budget?

Describe what you want to do and then maybe you'll get some useful suggestions. Otherwise, you're going to get everything from the Fender VibroChamp XD to a Mesa Tripple Rec.
        -
        My Rolling Stones tribute band: The Main Street Exiles

At the battle of the bands, the loser is always the audience. -Demitri Martin

Comment

You know, sometimes you just want to get random answers from people to open up your mind a little bit. I also put in the word tone in my question so no very high gain amp I suppose because the distortion pretty much cover the tone? Right now I still dont have any answer because of the vast number of choices and I've just transitioned from acoustic to electric for less than a year now. But I think I like the fender Hot Rod series because of the nice cleans and crisp not thick sounding saturation that works for me and I play blues to distorted rock and roll mostly.

Comment

Soldano slo100

Comment

Black or early silver face Fender, Princeton Reverb. Those are my favorite amps. When it comes to brand new amps I recently tried a Tungsten and it was awesome!
              Last edited by Sprinter; 11-10-2012, 06:38 AM.
              Collings: '08 001-mhsb
              Dean: '02 Hardtail
              Fender: '63 Jazzmaster, '74 Telecaster & '11 American Special Telecaster
              Fender Custom Shop: '16 1962 Custom Telecaster
              Gibson: '78 Les Paul Deluxe & '99 Les Paul Standard
              G&L: '87 Asat, '02 Asat Classic
              Guild: '81 X-79 Skyhawk
              Heritage: '09 H535 25th Anniversary
              PRS: '97 Standard 24 & '99 McCarty

Comment

Originally posted by NewWave View Post
                You know, sometimes you just want to get random answers from people to open up your mind a little bit. I also put in the word tone in my question so no very high gain amp I suppose because the distortion pretty much cover the tone? Right now I still dont have any answer because of the vast number of choices and I've just transitioned from acoustic to electric for less than a year now. But I think I like the fender Hot Rod series because of the nice cleans and crisp not thick sounding saturation that works for me and I play blues to distorted rock and roll mostly.
                IMO Fender wrote the book on clean (And I don't care much for the "drive" chnl. of the Hot Rod):
                1) Fender Blues Deluxe Reissue
                2) Fender Super Sonic 22
                3) Fender Deluxe Reverb Reissue w/ a Tubescreamer
                These are in the "NEW, approx. $1000 or less" category.

Comment

Friedman modded marshall, from what I've played through. But I can live with about anything (that has a Marshall flavor).
                  Last edited by DankStar; 11-10-2012, 10:40 PM.

Comment

Blackface Fender Bassman.
                    Custom neck-thru strat
                    1989 MIJ 1962 RI Strat
                    1995 PRS CE24
                    D'avanzo #8
                    Breedlove Solo Concert
                    1996 USA Dean Baby Z
                    1991 40th Anniversary Les Paul
                    1968 Fender Bassman, Egnater SW45, Mesa Mark IIB Coliseum, Mesa ElectraDyne 1x12 Combo, Avatar 4x12, Mesa half back 4x12 Earcandy 2x12
                    Roland RE-201 Space Echo, 70's Fender Reverb Unit

Comment

For current production amps, the most common answer is the Deluxe Reverb reissue. It's the definition of "Fender cleans", has ample reverb and tremolo, and it of a size and power that makes it incredibly versatile - practice, gigs, studio - it'll do most anything. Quality wise, I've heard very few complaints. And some pros will tell you that with a speaker and tube upgrade, they sound almost spot on with the original blackface models (this from someone I know of who owns an original BF, SF, and a DRRI).
                      -

Comment

My favorite amps....

Twin Reverb
                        Tweed Champ
                        Tweed Princeton

no order..

Runners up:
                        BF Princeton Reverb
                        Vox AC15
                        Originally posted by Good Will Hunting
                        Real loss is only possible when you love something more than you love yourself.

Comment

Originally posted by Agileguy_101 View Post
                          Blackface Fender Bassman.
                          The "bass" bassman?

Comment

I have to say that I've played many amps in my life. I'd honestly go with REEVES. Or HIWATT. The REEVES is a HIWATT offshoot, I guess Mr. Reeves worked at HIWATT for a long time. Look and listen. They have a very cool selection and are 1/2 the $ of HIWATT. Now, what do I use? LANEY! Toroidal transformer delivers precise voltage, I use Mullard tubes and the heads can use either EL-34s which I Like, So does Gilmour, or 6L6's. All you do is flick a switch. Low cost= $999.? I use 2. 1 GH100L which has 2 gain stages that can be mixed like its baby bro the GH50L, I use the 100L for clean and the GH50L for its beautiful breakup! Hope this helps. T1- of MIRAGE http://www.alternativeaid.com/

Comment

I guess it all depends. My band says my '73 Champ with a Weber 8A125 speaker is the best sounding amp they've heard.
                              -

Comment

Working...
                              X