My EHX LPB-1 died.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My EHX LPB-1 died.

So I decided to rebuild it. It's a stupidly simple circuit. Even so, it took me a few hours to get everything just so. I went with the older circuit design, as I find the new one too bright. I made a little breadboard with some excess fiber stock. Then popped it all back in the old box. With the 2N5088, it's not as huge of a gain jump, which is just fine with me.

Originally posted by crusty philtrum
    ...Gimme a call when it's time to take 'em out. I don't have a gun, but i have a very sharp pointy stick and enough negativity to take out a small country...
    Originally posted by Securb
    The only blackmachine I care about is sitting in my jeans.

Re: My EHX LPB-1 died.

Is that a dilithium crystal I see in there?
    Warmoth Group @ Flickr : SDUGF group @ SoundCloud : Basic Guitar Setup

Blog @ Izdihar.com : Pics @ Flickr

I dream of a better world, where chickens can cross the road without having their motives questioned

Comment

Don't be telling my secrets!
      ...Gimme a call when it's time to take 'em out. I don't have a gun, but i have a very sharp pointy stick and enough negativity to take out a small country...

Comment

Originally posted by trevorus View Post
        Don't be telling my secrets!
        Sorry, the warp core gave it away...
        Warmoth Group @ Flickr : SDUGF group @ SoundCloud : Basic Guitar Setup

Blog @ Izdihar.com : Pics @ Flickr

I dream of a better world, where chickens can cross the road without having their motives questioned

Comment

Man, this simple circuit sounds AWESOME. Why did EHX ever change it?

Comment

Ya know...I've got one of the old school LPB-1 and a Screaming Tree...the kind that plug directly into the guitar and the amp...

I need to dust 'em off one day and see what I think of 'em 15+ years later!

Nice work on yours!
            If you just read a post by The Guy Who Invented Fire please understand that opinions change, mind sets change and as players our ears mature...not to mention our needs grow and change. With that in mind, today I may or may not agree with the post you just read!

Comment

Working...
            X