Emerson Custom Guitars EM-Drive Transparent Overdrive

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Emerson Custom Guitars EM-Drive Transparent Overdrive

I didn't know if i was going to do this or not, but i just can't help myself.

I'm usually not a the kind of guy who pushes pedals on here. I've had quite a few pedals (especially drives), and i've had some really, really stellar pieces.

The reason i usually don't rave about them on here, is that everyone is so different, so why bother?

I mean, not only are our tastes different, but our playing styles & techniques are all over the place as well as the genres of music we play in.

Then, there's the differences in rigs.

I mean the amps alone, are so varied and tonally different. You've got the various flavors and wattages of Fenders, Marshalls, & Vox, and all their Clones and Variants along with speaker and tube choices and combinations in them.

Then there's the guitars...Teles, Strats, Pauls, Gretschs, & etc. Throw in the slew of pup configurations, & well you see what i'm talking about. Everyone (thankfully) is going to sound...well...different.

This time, though, i've found a pedal that i can't imagine being anything but UNIVERSAL for any genre/style/rig.

Usually people start off comparing Overdrive pedals (especially "transparent" ones) to other popular names like...Klon, Tim/Timmy, KOT/POT, Honey Bee, Morning Glory, RC Booster, & etc. The EM doesn't act or sound like any of these, so don't try to replace/replicate one of them with it. It's a truly simple original design, made with the absolute best parts that can be found.

What it does is "enhance" your entire sound. It's adds this unique overall "presence & punch" to your tone. It adds this flavorful sparkle and responsiveness that's hard to describe. Turn it on and hit one chord and it's like someone took this enormous heavy wet blanket off of your whole rig and energized it with a lightning bolt from Zeus himself sitting on Mount Olympus!

Suddenly every note and chord is thick & beefy, yet somehow amazingly beautiful & dynamic. Everything now sounds so much more complex & harmonic, but feels so simple & easy.

I call it...a "Talent Booster".

Don't get me wrong, it doesn't have loads of gain, but it does have plenty of headroom.

It doesn't have a tone knob. Frankly, i think that's so people won't screw up the sound

What i'm trying to say is this...everyone needs one...you may not know it...but you do...you simply do. That is...if you want your rig to sound better than you ever thought possible...i promise.
    Originally posted by jeremy
    God hates bad guitar tone
    GUITARS: Schecter Saturn, Takamine, Ibanez Mandolin
    AMPS: Traynor YCV40WR/KT77s, VHT Special 6, Marshall AS50R
    EFX: Line 6 G30, Fhusk CS-3, Emerson EM-Drive, Emerson Paramount,
    Keisman Earlybird, EB VPJr, Empress Tape Delay, Hungry Robot Lil Gazer

Re: Emerson Custom Guitars EM-Drive Transparent Overdrive

New stuff rocks
    And this baby seems to do the trick bigtime for you Mike
    Nice post....rave on!!!

Comment

Awesome. Sounds like what my EP Pre does for me. Ill have to try this one out soon.
      Guitar:
      2 EBMM Axis Super Sports, EBMM Sub1, Peavey Wolfgang
      Amp:
      EVH 5150III 50Watt>Mesa 4X12
      Effects:
      G-System>ISP G-String>ClinchFX EP-PRE>Stinkbug

Comment

I've got a Retro Sonic FA-1 clone as an always on pedal, and a EP Pre as a solo boost.. I don't need more tone enhancers, but it does sound intriguing.
        My Soundclick

Comment

That sounds cool and as you say you don't normally rave... that tells me it's going to be good! Enjoy.

Comment

Sounds great Mike, I sure could use a talent booster over here
            Originally posted by kevlar3000
            I learned a long time ago that the only thing that mattered regarding tone was what my ears thought.
            Originally posted by Zerberus
            Better is often the enemy of good
            Originally posted by ginormous
            Covers feed the body, originals feed the soul.

Comment

Originally posted by Richard View Post
              Awesome. Sounds like what my EP Pre does for me. Ill have to try this one out soon.
              yes...but, it does have some gain/od in it as well...definitely not a one trick pony!
              Last edited by Hoss; 11-14-2012, 03:59 AM.

Comment

Vids do this one ZERO justice...but this one is decent.

Still hard to hear the nuances of course, impossible to feel...but not bad.

Better, especially at the 3:45 mark, where they start to turn the pedal on and off to hear the differences.
                Last edited by Hoss; 11-14-2012, 04:11 AM.

Comment

Working...
                X