Problem with my twin! Please help.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Problem with my twin! Please help.

Hey guys. I have a twin reverb reissue (stock tubes) that I got used recently and it WAS working perfectly but I tried to use it yesterday and the weirdest thing was happening.

The amp worked but if I tried to turn on ANY pedal at all it just went silent. Has this ever happened to you?? I called customer support and the guy said "uhhh maybe it's broken..."

Thanks for your help.
    sigpic

Re: Problem with my twin! Please help.

Oh and what are some good tubes since I will probably need to replace them soon.
    sigpic

Comment

Try replacing the tube that drives the reverb. It's probably a 12AT7.

Or take it to an amp tech.
      -
      My Rolling Stones tribute band: The Main Street Exiles

At the battle of the bands, the loser is always the audience. -Demitri Martin

Comment

So you have pedals on a pedalboard, or is this a pedal that controls internal functions of the amp.

If the pedals are stompboxes, I'd be checking to see if you've got power to them first off. I had a couple of issues with pedals which are true bypass, and it was only once I'd engaged the pedal that I'd know there were problems (no sound).

Comment

Originally posted by AlexR View Post
          If the pedals are stompboxes, I'd be checking to see if you've got power to them first off. I had a couple of issues with pedals which are true bypass, and it was only once I'd engaged the pedal that I'd know there were problems (no sound).
          +1.....
          Originally posted by Good Will Hunting
          Real loss is only possible when you love something more than you love yourself.

Comment

if it works on its own but doesn't work with pedals, then its your pedals or your leads that are the problem.
            Last edited by Chickenwings; 11-15-2012, 05:01 AM.
            "Technique is really the elimination of the unneccessary ... it is a constant effort to avoid any personal impediment or obstacle to acheive the smooth flow of energy and intent"
            Yehudi Menuhin

Comment

Yeah, sounds like maybe it's broken.

Pedal power is the first thing I'd check. It sounds like you probably have a power brick running all your pedals that just came unplugged, or failed due to a lightning storm? The cables are probably fine if you get sound when the pedals are turned off/bypassed.

It could be a problem with your effects loop, too. To test the loop, put a cable direct from the Effect Send to the Return and see if you get anything through that.

If you're still having trouble diagnosing this, more info about your setup would help. Are the pedals out in front of the amp, or in the effects loop? Are they battery powered?
              Originally posted by DreX
              Nearly everyone still in this thread should have me on ignore by now. The fact that they don't says everything.
              The only reason anyone describes me as combative is because I don't agree with them and allow them have the last word. Well... too bad.
              There's no substance to anything I have posted.
              Originally posted by Evan_Skopp
              I'm sure that'll be good for a few "likes" from your buddies.

Comment

Yeah it was really bizarre. I checked each of the four pedals individually and some had batteries while others had a power supply.

I'm running everything in front of the amp. My twin doesn't have an FX loop. I ordered a couple new 12at7 tubes, but it needed them whether that was the problem or not.
                sigpic

Comment

So if you ditch the pedals, and plug straight into the amp.....?
                  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gY73mb28orM
                  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=35mZ4BAvEbg
                  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nToonE52DG8
                  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XMl-ddFbSF0

Comment

Yeah it seems to work just fine straight in.
                    sigpic

Comment

dude its not your amp thats the problem. Have you checked all your leads?
                      "Technique is really the elimination of the unneccessary ... it is a constant effort to avoid any personal impediment or obstacle to acheive the smooth flow of energy and intent"
                      Yehudi Menuhin

Comment

-
                        My Rolling Stones tribute band: The Main Street Exiles

At the battle of the bands, the loser is always the audience. -Demitri Martin

Comment

Working...
                        X