Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: NAD! This VHT logo has to go.

YES!

I love those amps...really amazing pieces of machinery.

I must now ask...still looking for a boost???
    If you just read a post by The Guy Who Invented Fire please understand that opinions change, mind sets change and as players our ears mature...not to mention our needs grow and change. With that in mind, today I may or may not agree with the post you just read!

Comment

Lol! Nope!

Comment

Nice score!

Speaking of VHT logos...

If anybody ever comes across one of those original super-wide VHT logos from the early '90s, let me know. My Pittbull Classic needs one.
        -Adam

Hear or Follow my music:

Comment

Originally posted by sosomething View Post
          Nice score!

Speaking of VHT logos...

If anybody ever comes across one of those original super-wide VHT logos from the early '90s, let me know. My Pittbull Classic needs one.
          And this is the exact reason people should leave classic pieces of gear alone, instead of trying to change the look.
          Years from now, nobody is going to want a classic VHT with a Fryette logo from another era.....or anything different.

I can't stand seeing missing logos, wrong logos, holes in the chassis, wrong knobs, fans installed, light shows installed, painted tolex, or anything else that devalues a good amp.

Leave that old VHT the way it is. If anything, just buy a Tuki padded cover for it.
          Originally posted by Boogie Bill
          I've got 60 guitars...but 49 trumpets is just...INSANITY! WTF!

Comment

Originally posted by Gearjoneser View Post
            And this is the exact reason people should leave classic pieces of gear alone, instead of trying to change the look.
            Years from now, nobody is going to want a classic VHT with a Fryette logo from another era.....or anything different.

I can't stand seeing missing logos, wrong logos, holes in the chassis, wrong knobs, fans installed, light shows installed, painted tolex, or anything else that devalues a good amp.

Leave that old VHT the way it is. If anything, just buy a Tuki padded cover for it.
            Plus one.

Totally agree.

Really wish the previous owner hadn't rebadged this one. The logo size isn't even the same, so you can see where the glue was on either side of the new badge. Totally amateur hour.

I think he felt like some of the "exclusive cache" of his amp purchase was tarnished by VHT being a Chinese brand now. Like his old Fryette-era VHT was less desirable by association. Which struck me as pretty silly, since anyone who would know that would also know that the Pittbull is not now nor ever was some cheap import.

But whatevs.
            -Adam

Hear or Follow my music:

Comment

I think I decided last night that was going to keep the VHT logo. It is what it is. It's a Fryette era VHT, and a damn fine one at that.

If I were to tell you guys that I paid $700 for this amp, with no footswitch. Would you tell me it was still a pretty good deal? A new footswitch for this amp is $150.

Comment

That's a damn good deal. I'd look into having someone make you a footswitch instead of Fryette - there's a guy on ebay that makes a bunch of footswitches that goes by Voodooman. He might not have something for you in stock, but drop him a line and I bet he can make something for you at a decent price.
                Custom neck-thru strat
                1989 MIJ 1962 RI Strat
                1995 PRS CE24
                D'avanzo #8
                Breedlove Solo Concert
                1996 USA Dean Baby Z
                1991 40th Anniversary Les Paul
                1968 Fender Bassman, Egnater SW45, Mesa Mark IIB Coliseum, Mesa ElectraDyne 1x12 Combo, Avatar 4x12, Mesa half back 4x12 Earcandy 2x12
                Roland RE-201 Space Echo, 70's Fender Reverb Unit

Comment

Great deal, great amps and why be bothered by the Logo?? Did I miss something?

You can contact Steve about a footswitch, it is after all still one of his children!

If you don't want to do that there are plenty of guys that could build you a FS for it.
                  If you just read a post by The Guy Who Invented Fire please understand that opinions change, mind sets change and as players our ears mature...not to mention our needs grow and change. With that in mind, today I may or may not agree with the post you just read!

Comment

Originally posted by the guy who invented fire View Post
                    Great deal, great amps and why be bothered by the Logo?? Did I miss something?

You can contact Steve about a footswitch, it is after all still one of his children!

If you don't want to do that there are plenty of guys that could build you a FS for it.
                    The logo thing started as a joke with a buddy of mine. We got on the topic of corksniffers when I was looking into buying the amp. I can't remember exactly what was said, but it was something along the lines of, "you better not show that thing off on the internet, the corksniffers will unite and tell you it's a POS because it says VHT and not Fryette." There is just a lot of that going on.

I know this is no cheap import.
                    Last edited by karpathion; 02-17-2013, 06:59 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by karpathion View Post
                      The logo thing started as a joke with a buddy of mine. We got on the topic of corksniffers when I was looking into buying the amp. I can't remember exactly what was said, but it was something along the lines of, "you better not show that thing off on the internet, the corksniffers will unite and tell you it's a POS because it says VHT and not Fryette." There is just a lot of that going on.

I know this is no cheap import.
                      Gotcha!

Forget that thought...anybody that knows good amps knows the real VHT!!!

In the world of high gain channel switcher the VHT Pitbulls are the last word IMO.

Comment

Working...
                      X