Mixing celestion and eminence speakers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mixing celestion and eminence speakers

does anyone have any experience with mixing speaker brands. in my cab i've got 4 celestion v30's and i wanna change the sound of it. anyone have any suggestions on what speaker would go good with a celestion v30?

Re: Mixing celestion and eminence speakers

Swamp Thang, but the sensitivity offset will cause serious issues.
    Why don't you take your little Cobra Kais and get outta here?!
    My collaborative PROGRESSIVE ROCK PROJECT, As Follows.

Comment

If you want to mix and match speakers (a great way to tweak tone by the way) It's best to stay with the same or very similar efficiency ratings.

Since your V30's are 100db try to stay around 100db.

Best match with V30's I've ever heard are H30's to be honest...
      If you just read a post by The Guy Who Invented Fire please understand that opinions change, mind sets change and as players our ears mature...not to mention our needs grow and change. With that in mind, today I may or may not agree with the post you just read!

Comment

Since the sensitivity of the Swamp Thang is 101.9dB (V-30 = 100dB), it will play a larger roll in the sound that you hear from your cab, but it won't hurt anything to run both of those speakers together. It's not like an impedence mismatch.
        Originally Posted by IanBallard
        Rule of thumb... the more pot you have, the better your tone.

Comment

Originally posted by the guy who invented fire View Post
          If you want to mix and match speakers (a great way to tweak tone by the way) It's best to stay with the same or very similar efficiency ratings.

Since your V30's are 100db try to stay around 100db.

Best match with V30's I've ever heard are H30's to be honest...
          ^^^^Agreed on both the sensitivity and H30. I have a 2X12 vertical slant cab w/ a V30 and a G12H30. They compliment each other well.

Comment

Mixing celestion and eminence speakers

I got a Marshall cab that I aquired about a year and a half ago. It has one celestion 30 and one eminence 75. I think it has a nice warm tone but still is very open. I like it alot. I'm not a big fan of v30s on their own though.

Comment

Working...
            X