First video of the new Slash SL-5!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• First video of the new Slash SL-5!!

Sounds nice.. Really, really nice if you ask me!!

Greetings and thank you for watching this video. Below are some links to products that I use: ThomannMy guitar ►► https://redir.love/61EwP3naMy amp ►► htt...

Thoughts?
    LtKojak, on the theory of having too many guitars...

Also, I'd like to remind you that the very concept of having "too many guitars" just doesn't exist. It's been selfishly created by parents and/or girlfriends/wives to lure you to stay away of your passions just to have more of YOUR money and YOUR time at THEIR disposal!

Re: First video of the new Slash SL-5!!

Haven't watched chappers demo but it's not the first video of that amp PG and others have made one too. 5 watts 112 for $700.. still interested?

Comment

The official Marshall studio demo has been up for a few days to a week.

I am not sure whether I like it or not. Based on clips alone, I think the DSL15 and 40 sounds much better. The Slash sounds pretty one dimensional..i.e. here is Slashs sound..you can get it with more bass, or less..more treble or less...more mids, or less.

Still, the SL5 a nice tube " 2channel" marshall with a.closed back cab, and a high quality speaker at a pretty reasonable price ($599 is what I am seeing).
      I'm an internet person. All we do is waste time evaluating things that have next-to-zero real world significance.

Remember, it's just a plank of wood. YOU have to find the music in it - The Telecaster Handbook

Comment

a nice sound yes but at that price, right why not buy a full sized marshall? again you really don't have to dig deep on a DSL to find those tones but with all the benefits of some drastically different voices and that of being a stage-worthy amp, regardless of the speaker or where it's made.

Still, plenty will probably find this a nice practice amp as I'm sure there are are plenty of Slash fans who do want to have that sound in their gararge

Comment

solos sounded cool. when he played some rhythms I dunno.

Comment

Sorry.... New title should be 'One of the few videos of the newly released Sl-5 amp!' ahah
            LtKojak, on the theory of having too many guitars...

Also, I'd like to remind you that the very concept of having "too many guitars" just doesn't exist. It's been selfishly created by parents and/or girlfriends/wives to lure you to stay away of your passions just to have more of YOUR money and YOUR time at THEIR disposal!

Comment

Originally posted by Mont97 View Post
              Sorry.... New title should be 'One of the few videos of the newly released Sl-5 amp!' ahah
              I'm hoping they release it as a head... IMO it would sound much fuller with at least a 2x12.

But I'm with the others here... I've played a DSL 401 and can get nicer tones...

IMO some of Slash's best tones were on the MTV Live at the Ritz concert, when they were just breaking through, and he's using JCM 800 2210 Channel Switchers, probably since they were the the only ones available, but he was able to still dial in his tone

Comment

chappers' demo is alil too distorted. I need a small amp I can use for practice and such as my HK solid state is dying.. does this have headphone jack?
                Believe me when I say that some of the most amazing music in history was made on equipment that's not as good as what you own right now.

Jol Dantzig

Comment

No, there is no headphone jack. They probably assume with the one watt setting, there wasn't a need for one.

Comment

It's got two holes. Excellent idea. Sort of like having two overdrive channels, not footswitchable, but what do you want from a signature model amp at that price?
                    I think I'm a hole 1 guy.
                    Hole 2 sounds fatter with his Les Paul, and sounds a lot like Slash's recorded tones, but to me that's too fuzzy and high gain. Hole 1 seems more dynamic, with more cut in the attack.

I'm not real crazy about the tones from a Strat through that amp.

Looking forward to checking out some of Milli Vagilli's work.
                    Last edited by Kosh Naranek; 02-27-2013, 09:29 PM.
                    "Just like bad gas, they (metal riffs) sneak out every once in a while."
                    Jah Paul Jo - Dread Zeppelin
                    guitar pic site
                    Original prog rock on soundcloud
                    Original ambient guitar pieces on soundcloud
                    Original blues on soundcloud.com

Comment

Working...
                    X