should i or shouldnt i?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• should i or shouldnt i?

I used to have a les lius, but flipped it. I quite dig the idea of this one. It has a gain control as well as level which the les lius does not have, plus i never used the deluxe side. This one is pretty much an example of all the things i would have changed about the les. Hmmm. trying to avoid impulse buying!

Click image for larger version

Name:	Highpowertwin2340.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	38.7 KB
ID:	5826774
    "Technique is really the elimination of the unneccessary ... it is a constant effort to avoid any personal impediment or obstacle to acheive the smooth flow of energy and intent"
    Yehudi Menuhin

Re: should i or shouldnt i?

do eet
    Custom neck-thru strat
    1989 MIJ 1962 RI Strat
    1995 PRS CE24
    D'avanzo #8
    Breedlove Solo Concert
    1996 USA Dean Baby Z
    1991 40th Anniversary Les Paul
    1968 Fender Bassman, Egnater SW45, Mesa Mark IIB Coliseum, Mesa ElectraDyne 1x12 Combo, Avatar 4x12, Mesa half back 4x12 Earcandy 2x12
    Roland RE-201 Space Echo, 70's Fender Reverb Unit

Comment

Have you looked at the wampler 57?
      I'm an internet person. All we do is waste time evaluating things that have next-to-zero real world significance.

Remember, it's just a plank of wood. YOU have to find the music in it - The Telecaster Handbook

Comment

yeh ive seen the wampler. That looks cool too, but less knobs is always a good thing in my book - i keep reading that a red llama is a killer tweedy pedal (even tho the case is hot pink! lol). Anyone used a llama? I could build one for fifty bucks. Ive read on forums (obviously not always the most reliable source of info) that the lovepdal designs are a tweaked clone. The llama itself is a clone of something called an anderton tube sound fuzz. 200 bucks for a lovepedal or 50 bucks for a ggg clone...hmmm
        "Technique is really the elimination of the unneccessary ... it is a constant effort to avoid any personal impediment or obstacle to acheive the smooth flow of energy and intent"
        Yehudi Menuhin

Comment

meh. ill do it and if its not awesome ill flip it.
          Yehudi Menuhin

Comment

I don't do it... I thought, for that kinda cash I can buy the trannies of the real 5E8...

B
            FaceBook; SoundCloud; Barlo's Blues; Barlo Digitalized; Soundclick!;

Comment

The Red Llama while sort of tweed like is a far cry from a Les Lius...

if you want tweed grunt and beyond check out the BMF Purple Nurple...Keef like tweed grunt on the low end of the dial, faux Fuzz Face on the high end of the dial!
              If you just read a post by The Guy Who Invented Fire please understand that opinions change, mind sets change and as players our ears mature...not to mention our needs grow and change. With that in mind, today I may or may not agree with the post you just read!

Comment

does it have plenty of low end? Thats what im after. Amp like low overdrive kinda vibe that rolls off with the guitar volume.
                Yehudi Menuhin

Comment

since I have the Bogner blue I dont use my Les lius, may sell it now
                  tone slut
                  Marshall DSL 40C
                  Fender EVH Striped Series
                  Epiphone Les Paul Custom Pro
                  Fender Squier Tele Affinity
                  Mogami cables

Comment

tweed twin pedal on the way...clips in a few days for those interested.
                    Yehudi Menuhin

Comment

Working...
                    X