banner

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is Bugera closing down? Are they reliable?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Is Bugera closing down? Are they reliable?

The ones at my local GC sound like crap, sooo thin zero tone. Then again, just about everything else in the store does, too, but this one exceeds. Might be a cheapo speaker set in plywood or whatever, but really can't see any longer reason to buy them anyway - everybody else having safely returned from their sabatical in SS land to release tubes for every price point, who needs Bugera? How do they contribute?
    "New stuff always sucks" -Me

Comment

I had a 1990 and while it wasn't the sound I was looking for I had no complaints.

For an inexpensive tube amp it is hard to beat Bugera. It had pretty decent tone and I never had a single problem with mine.
      Originally posted by Bass_Medic_05
      I dig the wood!

Comment

Originally posted by Adieu View Post
        The ones at my local GC sound like crap, sooo thin zero tone.
        Like I said, I've had mine for 5 years and get marvelous tone out of it. Everyone I know gets great tone. All the reviewers I've seen on youtube rave about the tone of the V22. You are the only one who can't seem to make the amp sound good. I guess that says something.

Then again, just about everything else in the store does, too, but this one exceeds. Might be a cheapo speaker set in plywood or whatever, but really can't see any longer reason to buy them anyway - everybody else having safely returned from their sabatical in SS land to release tubes for every price point, who needs Bugera?
        The same people who need a good quality guitar for a reasonable price (eg. Epiphone).

How do they contribute?
        They allow MANY players the opportunity to get a good tube amp at a reasonable cost. If not for amp mfr's like Bugera there would be way more SS amps on the stage.
        Originally Posted by IanBallard
        Rule of thumb... the more pot you have, the better your tone.

Comment

I have a BC15, which by itself is nothing special but I run the pre amp stage of some of my other amps through it for home recording and it is quite spectacular then. I've had it for about two years and no problems.
          http://www.flamewarriors.net/forum/i...?topic=29786.0

Comment

Originally posted by GuitarDoc View Post

They allow MANY players the opportunity to get a good tube amp at a reasonable cost. If not for amp mfr's like Bugera there would be way more SS amps on the stage.
            For some people, SS might have the sound they may be looking for. There's a lot of people picking up the Bugera 6262 or 333XLs when a Marshall 8100 or Ampeg VH140 could suit them better.

Director of Arizona Young Voters Initiative

https://www.azyoungvoters.org

Twitter:
            @ArizonaVoters

Comment

I have both a 333-Infinium and 6260-Infinium and haven't run into an issue yet. As much **** as they get, they're ****ing KILLER sounding amps. I'm tempted to sell my legit 6505+.
              -Mike-

Originally posted by rhymes with metalchurch79
              I take peoples advice after i do some quick math to determine if the lie detector test determines they are full of sh**. Take their post count x 5minutes per post = how much time they didnt spend playing or working on their guitars. The Pros will be spotted right away.

Comment

Working...
              X