No announcement yet.

Any recommendation on patch cables.....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Any recommendation on patch cables.....

anyone in particular you guys like or dislike???

Re: Any recommendation on patch cables.....

If you don't want to spend more and assemble George L's, the Planet Waves cables are priced right and quality made.

Originally posted by Boogie Bill
    I've got 60 guitars...but 49 trumpets is just...INSANITY! WTF!

Comment

On patch cables I like George L's the best...but you have to put them together correctly!

My next favs are the Hosa brand shorty cables with pancake ends...I use those on my small board and so far really like 'em!
      If you just read a post by The Guy Who Invented Fire please understand that opinions change, mind sets change and as players our ears mature...not to mention our needs grow and change. With that in mind, today I may or may not agree with the post you just read!

Comment

Another vote for the Hosa's. Don't let the price fool you. Their stuff just plain works well.

Comment

i like the results with neutrik right angle ends with mogami bulk. comes out way cheaper than buyin em premade. i get mine from markertek.

Comment

I prefer the "functioning" kind to the type that are "broken."

I have a mismatched group of DiMarzios and Struktures and I think maybe one of those new Tweed Fender ones holding my rig together right now
            green globe burned black by sunn

Comment

Originally posted by alteredbeast View Post
              i like the results with neutrik right angle ends with mogami bulk. comes out way cheaper than buyin em premade. i get mine from markertek.
              +1
              Yup!.
              Thats how I make my own patch cords and guitar cables. A cheap bulk Mogami 2524 with good Neutriks. Mogami 2524 is second to none to Evidence The Lyric or Vovox. VERIFIED!.
              George L's are way expensiver, taking into account the price of the jack plugs and they "color" the sound. ALSO VERIFIED!.
              Last edited by hermetico; 03-02-2013, 06:08 PM.
              My blog: http://hermeticoguitar.blogspot.com
              My Youtube channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/hermeticoguitar

Comment

get ones that are coated in diamond plasma insulation, gold tipped and ruby encrusted. Also make sure that the housings at either end are made of baobab wood.

because everything else sounds like moneys urinating in coconut shells by comparison.

Comment

Any recommendation on patch cables.....

I use George L's on three boards. I have been for over 10 years
                  "So you will never have to listen to Surf music again" James Marshall Hendrix
                  "When the power of love overcomes the love of power, then the world will know peace."-Jimi Hendrix

Comment

I make my own from bulk mogami cable, amphenol connectors and techflex sleeving form Redco...worth 10x what I pay for them and I can get them exactly the length I want. But you have the trouble of putting them together yourself.

Comment

Originally posted by Surgeon View Post
                      I make my own from bulk mogami cable, amphenol connectors and techflex sleeving form Redco...worth 10x what I pay for them and I can get them exactly the length I want. But you have the trouble of putting them together yourself.
                      I am almost the same as you, except I use Neutrik connectors for long cables and the Hosa pancakes on the pedal board.
                      Band: www.colouredanimal.com
                      Twitter: www.twitter.com/mrperki
                      Blorg: mrperki.tumblr.com

Read my Seymour Duncan blog posts

Comment

Yep, I make my own, just plain old cheap plugs and old broken cables I cut into sections and test.

Lots of hype with patch cables, in my opinion. I don't hear any difference between these and a couple expensive mogami's I've got. It's a 6" cable for crying out loud.

You do gotta be able to solder well.

Comment

Man I love the George L's. So easy to make too.

Comment

Originally posted by hermetico View Post
                            +1
                            Yup!.
                            Thats how I make my own patch cords and guitar cables. A cheap bulk Mogami 2524 with good Neutriks. Mogami 2524 is second to none to Evidence The Lyric or Vovox. VERIFIED!.
                            George L's are way expensiver, taking into account the price of the jack plugs and they "color" the sound. ALSO VERIFIED!.
                            Yeah, I am with you guys.
                            Buy 10-20 feet, some connectors, and you will literally be set for life... where path cables are concerned.
                            While you are at it..... next time you see an 18 AWG extension cord for 3 bux at a garage sale... you will now have speaker cable for life as well.
                            best
                            digital cables, instrument cables, guitar cables, , video cables, Pro audio, pro video, audio supplies, video supplies, av panel design, Custom av panel design, audio accessories, video accessories, equipment racks, entertainment audio accessories, recording studio accessories, audio cables, audio connectors, video connectors, analog recording accessories, analog recording supplies, digital recording supplies, audio visual integration, digital recording accessories, surplus audio supplies

digital cables, instrument cables, guitar cables, , video cables, Pro audio, pro video, audio supplies, video supplies, av panel design, Custom av panel design, audio accessories, video accessories, equipment racks, entertainment audio accessories, recording studio accessories, audio cables, audio connectors, video connectors, analog recording accessories, analog recording supplies, digital recording supplies, audio visual integration, digital recording accessories, surplus audio supplies
                            Last edited by zzmoore; 03-16-2013, 12:39 AM.
                            https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gY73mb28orM
                            https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=35mZ4BAvEbg
                            https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nToonE52DG8
                            https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XMl-ddFbSF0

Comment

I use Planet Waves cables for guitar - board and board - amp and will replace my mega cheap patchies with Planet Waves Cable station DIY cables (solderless, yay).
                              They seem pretty great. Used by Peter Frampton among others, and I'm assuming they don't go for worthless crap.

Comment

Working...
                              X