Who's into Mooer Audio pedals?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Who's into Mooer Audio pedals?

Cos it turns out, I am! The local distro sent me a bunch to review, and they've quickly earned a permanent place on my mini board.

I just finished writing up the reviews for the Ninety Orange (EVH Phase 90 clone) and Eleclady (Electric Mistress clone), and I'm really digging them both.

I also decided to use a theme for this set of reviews... any Transformers fans in the house?!

Check it out and let me know what you guys thought! I'd love to see whether you guys are rocking Mooers in your pedalboards too.
    http://www.six-string-samurai.com - Gear reviews for and by the terminally GAS-afflicted.

Re: Who's into Mooer Audio pedals?

I am personally not - but I have seen a bunch on various boards. Anaecho is very popular it seems.

I'd love to see some Youtubes on the Mooer vs the 'obvious' comparison vs what it is most like.

Kinda like the one comparing the Joyo US Dream to the Suhr Riot
    Originally posted by Bad City
    He's got the crowd on his side and the blue jean lights in his eyes...

Comment

I had the Mooer Shimverb for a while and thought it was excellent, but it wasn't really doing anything that my Verbzilla didn't already offer me.

I'm very interested in the ElecLady and the Muff clone they have.
      I remember calloused hands and paint-stained jeans, and I remember safe-as-houses self-belief.

Comment

Originally posted by Kam View Post
        I had the Mooer Shimverb for a while and thought it was excellent, but it wasn't really doing anything that my Verbzilla didn't already offer me.

I'm very interested in the ElecLady and the Muff clone they have.
        Definitely - I don't think they offer anything new, but the benefit is in the insanely low price, and the pedalboard space saving. That's the reason I ditched my EVH Phase 90 in favour of the Mooer version, it sounded 95% the same, but was half the size.
        http://www.six-string-samurai.com - Gear reviews for and by the terminally GAS-afflicted.

Comment

Yeah, I realised that it would be kinda redundant when I ordered it. I just thought it would be cool to stack reverbs. It was really cool, but it turns out that I don't need two afterall.

Have you tried the fuzz, yet? Or any of the heavier dirt pedals?
          I remember calloused hands and paint-stained jeans, and I remember safe-as-houses self-belief.

Comment

Not yet! I've got the Hustle Drive (OCD clone) for the moment, and once the reviews of these 5 are up, hopefully the local distro will see fit to give me more of the range to demo

Any ones in particular that you're interested in?

Comment

I've been keen on trying these out for review for a while. I love the small footprint thing. If they sound great they are a real winner.
              http://www.lonephantom.com
              http://www.seymourduncan.com/blog/author/stephen/

Comment

Your web site makes Kaspersky PURE 3.0 cry.
                Why don't you take your little Cobra Kais and get outta here?!
                My collaborative PROGRESSIVE ROCK PROJECT, As Follows.

Comment

Originally posted by TwilightOdyssey View Post
                  Your web site makes Kaspersky PURE 3.0 cry.
                  Argghh really?? We got spam attacked a month or two ago, but I thought I had cleared out all the bad code. I'm not an IT guy though - I will get one of my IT/webdev friends to check through it ASAP, thanks for the heads up!

I'm 97.5% sure there's nothing malicious to it, probably just some residual spam code, though I'll definitely try and make sure now. Thanks for flagging it.

Comment

Originally posted by LonePhantom View Post
                    I've been keen on trying these out for review for a while. I love the small footprint thing. If they sound great they are a real winner.
                    The ones I've got have definitely impressed me, especially these two and the Hustle Drive (OCD clone). Hopefully I'll have the chance to run through a few more of the range!

Comment

Devil's advocate here... Why have a 'b' rig for a pod HD500? The mooer board doesn't save any hassle or anything in my eyes. Seems to add hassle via patch cables and need for power supply. These mini pedals also are not very stable on a pedal board... The pickle vibe I had always wobbled... And you need to allow some space anyway between pedals for live playing as it's easy to hit 2 by accident if too close.
                      Political Correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end.

Comment

The Pedaltrain Mini it's sitting on is about half the size of my HD500, and it goes in a bag, not a flightcase. That at least is a weight/size saving to me.

I used that board configuration for two 3-hour gigs the week after I got the pedals, and they performed just fine - no wobble, no confused stomps.

And let's be honest, I just like having new toys, and have decided I want to dabble in effects pedals again

Comment

Touche... I can feel that.
                          Political Correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end.

Comment

Originally posted by sixstringsamurai333 View Post
                            Not yet! I've got the Hustle Drive (OCD clone) for the moment, and once the reviews of these 5 are up, hopefully the local distro will see fit to give me more of the range to demo

Any ones in particular that you're interested in?
                            Well, I've been thinking about picking up a Big Muff styled fuzz lately, but I'm running out of space on my board, so their clone (whatever it's called...something buff, or whatever) has me interested. I actually didn't know they made a clone of the OCD. I'll look forward to your review of that one.

I'd also be interested in picking up their Rat clone, to see how it compares to my old USA one.

Thanks for asking.
                            Last edited by Kam; 03-04-2013, 11:34 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Kam View Post
                              I'd also be interested in picking up their Rat clone, to see how it compares to my old USA one.
                              I've read in several places that the Rat Clone is one of their best sounding pedals, and that it's actually pretty close to the originals.
                              Go Packers!

Comment

Working...
                              X