NPD...again. My 2nd Ethos Pedal. More Rooster Picken Content

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NPD...again. My 2nd Ethos Pedal. More Rooster Picken Content

Ethos Overdrive Demo Part 2- TWO Pedals - Country Guitar (Sorry my strings are pretty dead and thumpy!)

Again, this is to primarily showcase the DIRECT out of the Ethos overdrive. In my case I have a 2nd custom version here from Rob.
    This second unit is actually a 30w amp as well as an overdrive preamp. It can power any cab of my choice. My unique mod request was having 2 drive channels.
    The first Ethos Direct demo was using the original Ethos and its OD channel and this one is using the modded versions CLEAN channel, which now delivers the edge and a master volume.

I am still really pleased with the direct recording aspect with this.

Video Below:

Last edited by Rodney Gene; 06-17-2013, 08:52 AM. Reason: updated link
    Rodney Gene Junior - My Artist Page And Gear Affiliations Austin Texas

Re: NPD...again. My 2nd Ethos Pedal. More Rooster Picken Content

Sounds amazing, and I really enjoy your playing. And im not really even much of a country music fan. Keep up the good work.

Comment

Originally posted by jimman View Post
      Sounds amazing, and I really enjoy your playing. And im not really even much of a country music fan. Keep up the good work.
      My fellow Texan brethren! Thanks for the great words, I genuinely appreciate it. The Ethos is a super pedal for this style. More special than most give it credit for I think. I am grateful for the direct result either way. Enjoy the Texas Sun...it is on its way!
      Last edited by Rodney Gene; 06-17-2013, 08:50 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Rodney Gene View Post
        My fellow Texan brethren! Thanks for the great words, I genuinely appreciate it. Honestly I myself am not 'into' country per se except the old outlaw stuff (Hank, Waylon and Merle...and Bob Wills and Elvis before that). But learning how to manage with mostly clean tones is helping me become a better musician and I really enjoy the sound of the style and the awesome talent of today's modern players. The Ethos is a super pedal for this style. More special than most give it credit for I think. I am grateful for the direct result either way. Enjoy the Texas Sun...it is on its way!

Much Respect,

Rodney Gene Austin Texas
        I can definitely respect the that music as it is what I was raised on. How do you like that pedal for recording compared to something such as a POD. Being in an apartment I have come to accept that I wont be able to get a tube amp to sound like I want it too for recordings. I can get heavy distortion sounds I am fine with enough on Revalver, but I am just not satisfied with the clean to medium gain (i suppose like classic rock sounds) I have been getting and wonder if the ethos wouldnt be a good way to go. Its always good to hear from a fellow Texan!

Comment

Rodney, good to see you poking your head in once and awhile. Nice playing! Not sure if many of the guys on the site remember when you used to be in charge of this place. Been years since I ran into you at NAMM. Two questions. Am very intereseted to know how you are getting along in Austin. Second, since you used to be at SD and are now plucking a tele what are your favorite tele pu's? I have a room full of PRS's but am GAS'ing for a tele. Not sure of model or pickup cofig. Considering a GE Smith model but your insight would be appreciated.
          Al

Comment

Not a big country guy but that sounded great. Nice job.
            Originally posted by Good Will Hunting
            Real loss is only possible when you love something more than you love yourself.

Comment

Originally posted by Al.C View Post
              Rodney, good to see you poking your head in once and awhile. Nice playing! Not sure if many of the guys on the site remember when you used to be in charge of this place. Been years since I ran into you at NAMM. Two questions. Am very intereseted to know how you are getting along in Austin. Second, since you used to be at SD and are now plucking a tele what are your favorite tele pu's? I have a room full of PRS's but am GAS'ing for a tele. Not sure of model or pickup cofig. Considering a GE Smith model but your insight would be appreciated.
              Al
              Hey brother Al...how are you!? All is well in Austin. Thank you for asking. Appreciate the old school welcome.

Hey that is funny....I have 3 Teles and am looking for my first PRS! That's great for you bro. A Tele is a great addition for jazz, blues, country, rock. Its the king really IMO.
              BTW, I played several PRS models today. First time behind a PRS after all of these years. I totally get it. I understand the love for them. Really its own thing, a cool thing at that. That Studio model is the one for me. Gonna order one this week.

Tele pickups. Wow. I would have to know the Tele and your goals.
              hey the GE smith doesn't mount to the bridge if I remember right? Man I would have to hear that to make a recommendation.

What I have here for Bridge Teles:
              SD STK-T3b
              SD Braodcaster
              SD Antiquity
              Fender Custom Shop Overwound
              Lollar Vintage T
              Lollar Charlie Christian
              Pete Biltoft Charlie Christian
              Klein Epic 52
              On the way..a set of Customs from Don Mare (remember brother Donzo from this forum?)

These are all great in their own way...and then there is the Jerry Donahue. Maybe the perfect Tele pickup?
              I genuinely like all of these, but only certain ones work perfectly for my guitars.

With a Tele...IMO...it is 100% guitar specific.
              I honestly don't care about 'vintage' specific, I just care whether it sounds great in the particular guitar it goes in.
              If I had to choose blindly for a new build I wold choose the SD Donahue. But after I got the guitar, that may likely change.

Much respect!

Rodney Gene

Comment

Originally posted by jimman View Post
                I can definitely respect the that music as it is what I was raised on. How do you like that pedal for recording compared to something such as a POD. Being in an apartment I have come to accept that I wont be able to get a tube amp to sound like I want it too for recordings. I can get heavy distortion sounds I am fine with enough on Revalver, but I am just not satisfied with the clean to medium gain (i suppose like classic rock sounds) I have been getting and wonder if the ethos wouldnt be a good way to go. Its always good to hear from a fellow Texan!
                Hey thanks Jimman. Well for an Apartment, I would likely stick with a POD. They are $50 or the 2.0 all day here on Craiglist (Actually mine never sold for even $50! ha) Just keeping it. The Ethos is wonderful for a dynamic tooby direct tone (does a Lukather / Schon overdrive sound well also) but it requires other gear to sit well in a mix. What I mean is that this is a dry, uncompressed tone. No tube or speaker compression, no verb etc. It can be a bit daunting to play direct but the end result is great. A POD is just 1000x more flexible. Plus the tones are basically 100% dialed in on the spot.

Hope that helps! BTW...as a pedal to have in your rig or to use WITH a POD direct (POD clean tone with Ethos in series) can be awesome.
                Have a great week~

Much Respect,

Rodney Gene

Comment

Working...
                X