Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: NAD!!! Marshall 2203!!!!!!!

Originally posted by Gearjoneser View Post
    I'm curious to know which OD pedal you own that sounds the best through it. I know you bought a Super OD and have a TS, but you've got other more expensive ones. How do those sound?
    Ive got a Mojo Hand Rook, Paisley PD, a Butler Tube Driver, and a King of Tone(be here tomorrow). I'll try and see how they work. I tried each of them just briefly, not too in depth, but the Super OD still sounded better!! I'm eventually gonna send both the TS9 and SD-1 to Keeley to get modded.

Comment

DAYUM that sounds goooooood.

Comment

I asked that because I grew up with a lot of killer Marshalls around me, and I always had some secret weapon pedals to use with them. The funny thing is that really good OD's that sound great with clean amps don't always work well.
        What works is cheaper OD's like the Boss OD-1, SD-1, MXR Classic OD, Maxon, etc. They sound like a better extension to the Marshall sound than anything that emulates a Marshall or is too bloated and rich sounding. Those ones sound better on a Fender amp platform.
        Originally posted by Boogie Bill
        I've got 60 guitars...but 49 trumpets is just...INSANITY! WTF!

Comment

Originally posted by Gearjoneser View Post
          I asked that because I grew up with a lot of killer Marshalls around me, and I always had some secret weapon pedals to use with them. The funny thing is that really good OD's that sound great with clean amps don't always work well.
          What works is cheaper OD's like the Boss OD-1, SD-1, MXR Classic OD, Maxon, etc. They sound like a better extension to the Marshall sound than anything that emulates a Marshall or is too bloated and rich sounding. Those ones sound better on a Fender amp platform.
          I agree this this line of thought 100%. My Marshalls never liked transparent overdrives nearly as much as 'dirty' boosts and more coloured overdrive pedals.

I had great success using (original) Joe Barden Strat Deluxe pups > Fulltone Full-Drive 2 > JCM800 back in the early TO days. Not clean or transparent, but very toneful!
          Why don't you take your little Cobra Kais and get outta here?!
          My collaborative PROGRESSIVE ROCK PROJECT, As Follows.

Comment

Hell yeah. Dod 250, mxr D+, various Fuzzes, TS9s and Tens, OD1s, SODs, DS1s. Those all work better for jacking up an old marshall.

And thats because they were at least meant to do double duty as a goose back in the day, if not specifically designed to goose.
            I'm an internet person. All we do is waste time evaluating things that have next-to-zero real world significance.

Remember, it's just a plank of wood. YOU have to find the music in it - The Telecaster Handbook

Comment

Originally posted by CrookTele View Post
              So I wasn't able to try it out at our last gig due to a smaller bar. So I'll be trying it live this Saturday. But I did snag an SD-1 and I love it a lot more with the 800. Here is a small video of my terrible attempt at harder rock!

Yeeaaaahhhh sweet nectar!!

Was that clip with the V30's, or did you switch speakers since the last one?

Comment

Now that is what I call a Marshall. Sounds great. I agree with GJ about the less expensive OD's being the better fit. My favs to use with one are the old Boss OD-1 or the SD-1.

Comment

Originally posted by B2D View Post
                  Yeeaaaahhhh sweet nectar!!

Was that clip with the V30's, or did you switch speakers since the last one?
                  That was with the Mesa cab with v30's. didn't sound too bad!

Comment

cool video, sounds great! classic sound there for sure.

Comment

Working...
                    X